PDA

View Full Version : what air filter do you use?

Wobble
17-09-2011, 07:01 PM
What air filter , Why that air filter and whats the differnce that you have noticed on the filters you have chosen

Humpty's Revenge
17-09-2011, 07:08 PM
What air filter , Why that air filter and whats the differnce that you have noticed on the filters you have chosen

:upsidedow There goes the can of worms..........

aboo
17-09-2011, 07:09 PM
:upsidedow There goes the can of worms........../yes

Wobble
17-09-2011, 07:10 PM
just curious what panel filter everyone uses and why , please dont start the argument about panel filter over pod filter again.

aboo
17-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I chose a K&N over a HKS cause there were reports of the foam breaking down on the HKS ones.

ILLEGAL
17-09-2011, 09:24 PM
as you know i treat my car with the up most respect. thats why i use only the finest. and light weight is a must. only joking. problem is, i havnt been able to find a filter to fit.. its either my turbos too big or theres not enough space there to fit the ones i found with 4" pipe. im going to get a trumpet anyway. filters are for P***Ys. LOL..... prior to this i was running a K&N panel filter on my td05 single in a half box and the factory twin setup with the full box but with the intake side cut right open. it made NO noticeable difference to me from factory panel filter IMO. and had no bad effects with the oiled filter. i think it really comes down to what decal/sticker you want to run on the car.. so if the HKS sticker is worth 7-10Kw ATW... get one for each tyre and you will instantly have 40Kw ATW LOL.. joking again.

Davezj
17-09-2011, 10:37 PM
HKS for me.

no reason it came with the car when i bought it.

the poll title is a bit misleading, you asked what filter do you use not what filter do you recomend.

i never said i would recomend an HKS panel filter, but i am using one, there is a difference.

paulg23
17-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Cheapest I can find on Ebay.

Atik
18-09-2011, 01:25 AM
K&N, supposedly longer lasting as its oil based and can be washed, re-oiled and re-used adding to its longevity. Plus it was cheaper than a HKS counterpart which has a shorter life span.

CANDEE
18-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Ralliart atm, noticed a big change over std... Not sure what ill use next.

apeman69
18-09-2011, 05:07 AM
What: Ralliart
Why: keeping it Mitsy and they know what they're doing
Difference: dunno but it felt better.
This was one of the first mods I did, a long time ago, and filter still looks good after 20k miles. One thing I did notice was I could hit fuel cut with the Ralliart filter but I never had it with the old paper filter that was in when I bought the car. The old one looked clean too, so much so that I still have it as an emergency spare (which I'll probably never need).

Sent from my Huge Brain using MyFingers :)

Nick Mann
18-09-2011, 01:56 PM
HKS.

I used to run K&N, but started to worry about it after bernmc's oil testing investigation here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?14349). I guess the HKS could be just as bad, but at least I don't have to keep an eye on the oil levels of the filter.

Scanny
18-09-2011, 04:02 PM
K&N. big name and available locally. i noticed a difference in sound with the GLS but not so much with the V6 as it growls anyway

Oblivion
19-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Just out of interest, is the HKS panel filter foam supposed to be replaced every 5000km or so like the foam for the pod filters are?
I have an HKS pod because thats what was on it when I bought it! lol

Confused
19-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I've got one of the HKS foam filters someone on here did a group buy for a couple of years ago.

Actually, I'd best pop it out and have a check of it and give it a wash if it's a bit grubby, I've basically not touched it!

However, if I didn't have that, I'd probably just have a Blueprint one in there!