PDA

View Full Version : Head Lamp Washers

flipperds
12-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Greetings to all of you here... I have an 8th generation 2.0 Galant here in the Philippines....(exactly the same as the 2.0 GLS available in the UK). There is a favor I need.... I need the original part number for the headlamp washers (left and right) that come stock on the 2.0 GLS in the UK. If anyone is kind enough to reply to this... I thank you in advance.

Our Mitsubishi parts dealers here don't have a clue on what the part number is and told me that if I could get the part number, they can order it for me. I just need the part numbers of the left and right headlamp washers located on the front bumper in front of the headlamps (no need for the pumps, hoses, water housing, etc.).

I've tried emailing some of your UK Mitsubishi dealers... but got no definite replies.

Thanks again in advance. :-D

Lurch
12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
This was something else I was also looking for :)

Big Ian
12-11-2004, 10:25 PM
i have to get a new one (thank's to some pratt in a car park!!)
when i get one i'll list the part number on here for you ;)

if you want them to work you will have to drill 3 holes to fit each one,add hose's for water,replace your control arm (indicator control side on steering colum)as there is a function for using them........ :idea: or you could just add them to your window washer bottle,you may have to add a better pump and a junction pipe (T-peice?)..i don't see how that would'nt work :D
would also save you trying to get more mitsy part's

Lurch
12-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Like the idea of connecting it to the window washer :) Great thinking there! Waiting on afew part numbers at the moment, hopefully get it all setup and ready for my Xmas break so I can do some modding during my time off ;)

wirdy
12-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Funny this thread should appear because I've been looking into headlight washers too.
I'm sorry guys but I can't stand the standard Galant washers that stick out like carbunkles, so I'm not going down the standard parts route. I had a look around at Santa pod & the nicest ones I saw were on the current generation Nissan 300zx, they are small, neat & sit on the top of the bumper.

Anyone got a contact at a Nissan dealer to see how much they'd be?

flipperds
13-11-2004, 05:22 AM
scottish ian – thanks, I look forward into waiting for the part numbers for the left and right headlamp washers. I don’t need the other bits… I’m just going for the look and I don’t need it to function. Here in Asia…. a Euro look is more popular than a JDM look. :D

Big Ian
13-11-2004, 10:10 AM
i'm going to try a breaker's yard later today,before i pay mitsy a silly price for one!!....if they have more than the one i'm looking for,i'll take them and see about forwarding them on to you guy's.

WIRDY,i know for a fact that the breaker's i'm going to has a 92-93 model 300-ZX...has this model got the item's your looking for?

wirdy
13-11-2004, 11:06 PM
WIRDY,i know for a fact that the breaker's i'm going to has a 92-93 model 300-ZX...has this model got the item's your looking for?
I'm not sure Ian, the car I saw them on had a personal plate but looked like the latest model, the owner wasn't around.
Have asked a few e-bay sellers of breaking 300zx's, but they've all come back with 'no washers fitted' or 'front bumper already sold'. I don't think all 300zx's had them.

breaking news....have won a pair of new vauxhall cavalier heated jets (windscreen) for a couple of quid off e-bay- worth a gamble for that price. hopefully they've got the adjustment to aim onto the headlights. If not it's back to looking at parked cars for ideas.

Big Ian
14-11-2004, 03:26 AM
OOooooo..dear,i did'nt make it to the breaker's :sad3: ,i'll try tomorrow? (ended up with a pint of miller.........or was that 12 pint's :rolleyes5 )

flipperds
22-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Guys... sorry for bugging again... anyone with the part numbers for the headlamp washers? :D

Big Ian
22-11-2004, 02:16 PM
HI, :sad3: sorry for not getting back with any info yet?....dont seam to get a minute to my-self just now!!,as soon as i get anything helpfull i'll pass it on ;)