PDA

View Full Version : Better intake plennum

jayp
23-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi guys, bit of an old question, and yes I have searched.
I was bored in work today and got talking about laminar and turbulent air flow. Which got me thinking about our intake plennums and if there was a way of improving them. I know people have discussed shortening the runners and mounting a log style one closer to the center of the v.
But I can't find anything on here reference tubular manifolds. Ie coming from the throttle body and splitting down to 6 smaller pipes and trying to keep the air flow path as straight and smooth as possible. I don't know if this because its not worth it for the gains or people think its too complicated/ expensive for a DIY project so thought I would open it to the floor.
I wouldn't be sending this out to an engineering company to make other than getting laser cut flanges for the ends.

alan
23-09-2011, 04:29 PM
i seem to remember from the days i had an alfa v 6 that plennum modifications were an oft discussed subject,you may find some info on the aroc sites,easyer for them though as theirs isnt one big lump and the gta and 3 litre ones were interchangeable with the 2.5