PDA

View Full Version : Under Tray

2700gavin
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Damn and blast, my under tray has just fallen off in two pieces whilst going over a speed bump. Is it an essential item ? do I have to have the pleasure of trying to fit it back on with cable ties ?

aboo
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I'v ran my car without one for 3 years now. So no you don't need it:)

2700gavin
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Cheers Andy. I can now quite happily throw the damn thing in the bin.

Wodjno
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
As Andy says it's not compulsory. But your engine bay will get dirty faster and corrosion will set in faster also. I have heard in some discussions on here that the VR4 is thought to slightly cooler with the undertray fitted. But i never saw any hard facts and figures to back this up!
I've been running my current VR4 without undertray for around 2 years, and my 1st VR4 for approx 5 without and undertray. No adverse effects noticed.

There is 2 definite Plus side though /yes

Working on anything on the underside of the front of the car is made a whole lot easier, as you don't have to remove the damn undertray each time. And if you drop a bolt or tool, theres a good chance it'll drop right through :D

aboo
01-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Working on anything on the underside of the front of the car is made a whole lot easier, as you don't have to remove the damn undertray each time. And if you drop a bolt or tool, theres a good chance it'll drop right through :DI got an under tray from dinger at the start of the year & this is the reason it sat in the garage since I got it:)

Wodjno
01-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I got an under tray from dinger at the start of the year & this is the reason it sat in the garage since I got it:)

And the reason mine has not been refitted since i took it off :D