PDA

View Full Version : EOI HID Cibie Headlights

CANDEE
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Am putting my HID Cibie headlights up on an EOI - I might not sell them, am looking for interest atm.

There is nothing wrong with them, but am thinking of having a change, and std headlights will go with my stealth theme on the car. :)

Please pm any offers/interest. :)

Thanks,
Jeremy

Humpty's Revenge
02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy

Davezj
02-10-2011, 10:19 PM
pm sent

Gly
03-10-2011, 12:01 AM
im keen, but depends what your asking, have standard fronts i can do as a part exchange

crazyken76
03-10-2011, 12:29 AM
am very interested in these aswell what you wanting for them

GalantOnly
03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe we should ask who is NOT interested...:)

TAR
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
probably best to go to a sealed bid type sale where you ask anyone who is interested to submit their best offer by PM, that way people will offer what they think they are worth.

I would love to buy them but I don't think I can afford what they are worth!!

Good luck if you do decide to sell.

:happy:

Oggie
03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
J man. any chances of a pic or three on how these are mounted to the car? wish to see what they are compared to imitation cibies :P

Kitten
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Interested with trade, depending on how much extra you want roughly.

peter m
04-10-2011, 02:16 PM
mould them very easy lol

aboo
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
mould them very easy lolThere are a couple of sets in the UK if you can get your hands on them to mould:)

crazyken76
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
if he could get a set he could make these and we could all have them :)

peter m
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
it can be moulded anything can ,but i cant go and buy a set just to mould them, i dont really like them so i dont want them for my car ,the other thing is no one is buying the parts i do anyway its a lot of cost to not make my money back,,,,the wife would cut my bits off lol

crazyken76
04-10-2011, 06:24 PM
it can be moulded anything can ,but i cant go and buy a set just to mould them, i dont really like them so i dont want them for my car ,the other thing is no one is buying the parts i do anyway its a lot of cost to not make my money back,,,,the wife would cut my bits off lol

you have no bits lol

Oggie
05-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I am now comparign fakes to real.. OMFG! the real ones are so much easier ont he eye.. and wont need a cert lmao..

pbaron
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Not a very helpful post Terry, what are you comparing the real ones to, how is it they are so much easier on the eye, and why would the fake ones need a cert?

I am now comparign fakes to real.. OMFG! the real ones are so much easier ont he eye.. and wont need a cert lmao..

Oggie
06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Not a very helpful post Terry, what are you comparing the real ones to, how is it they are so much easier on the eye, and why would the fake ones need a cert?

fake ones would need a cert thats what i am saying.
the two following pics will explain on what i mean by the fake ones.
my mechanic would have a fatal heart attack at the sight of the fake ones.

Gly
06-10-2011, 12:30 AM
head lights do not need certs, they have to be NZ standards approved to be legal,
and as long as you buy quality lens from hella or similar quality company, they have these markings,

headlights cannot be certed to be ok, there either nz standards (legal) or not (illegal)

HID bulbs inside stock housings are not legal, as the standard reflectors are not suited.

and as long as spend a bit of time on the lights/fittings and the shoulds are of a good reproduction, you'll not be able to tell, without looking behind them.

Louis
06-10-2011, 01:00 AM
fake ones would need a cert thats what i am saying.
the two following pics will explain on what i mean by the fake ones.
my mechanic would have a fatal heart attack at the sight of the fake ones.

That's a nice bit of work, do you have a template or measurements for the frame that you have made up!!

Oggie
06-10-2011, 02:04 AM
spose i stand corrected.

I personally think somethign that hand made would need a cert for the light housing, could be wrong.

head lights do not need certs, they have to be NZ standards approved to be legal,
and as long as you buy quality lens from hella or similar quality company, they have these markings,

headlights cannot be certed to be ok, there either nz standards (legal) or not (illegal)

HID bulbs inside stock housings are not legal, as the standard reflectors are not suited.

and as long as spend a bit of time on the lights/fittings and the shoulds are of a good reproduction, you'll not be able to tell, without looking behind them.

Louis
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I reckon they would be more interested in the actual light units (lights) having an approved stamp on them and the beam pattern being correct, I know what you mean about something homemade needing a cert, but I don't reckon anyone would notice.
Also It's not like you have made your own suspension arms!!, (which would need tested, engineers report etc), but I take the point if a tester saw them and asked about them there may be a question of whether they were fit for purpose. I'm not sure what the real thing looks like, (any photos of the originals).
Has anyone with Cibies been asked for a cert?.