PDA

View Full Version : Automatic 7202 -> Manual - Deleting ABS/ASC/AYC/SRS/TCL

Confused
05-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi all,

For my Anglia project, I've pulled the engine and all wiring from a Super VR-4 - so, a PFL automatic with a 7202 and all of the above TLA's (and any more I've missed?) - absolutely none of which I will have on the Anglia!!

I must admit I don't really know how all of these systems fit in together in relation to the main ECU - what issues might/would I have if I just plugged in the engine ECU and whatever connectors match up to the engine, but not the rest?

Should I be thinking about using the original ECU, or for this purpose would my only option be something aftermarket?

Cheers!

Garry

Atik
05-10-2011, 11:42 AM
With my limited knowledge, I would think that some of those fuctions are covered by separate ECUs? I recall getting a CEL/skiddy car/TCL lights on my car when I converted to manual and hadnt plugged in the autobox ECU. With the autobox ECU plugged in, the CEL/skiddy car/TCL lights went off.
I'm sure VR4s have a separate AYC ECU in the passenger side footwell near the door.

foxdie
05-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I believe the following is true based on the Engine ECU pinouts:

In general;
ABS ECU doesn't need to communicate with Engine ECU directly (but reads the same sensors)
ASC as above
AYC as above
SRS as above
With a manual ROM flashed on the 7202;
TCL ECU is ignored
Worst case is you'll get a CEL fault, it won't stop the car running and highly doubtful it'll put the car in limp mode.

Confused
05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Excellent guys, thanks :) So hopefully I shouldn't have too many issues with just not plugging anything in! :)

Next issue I guess is trying to get the ECU flashed with a manual ROM without it being in the car... :)

foxdie
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Excellent guys, thanks :) So hopefully I shouldn't have too many issues with just not plugging anything in! :)

Next issue I guess is trying to get the ECU flashed with a manual ROM without it being in the car... :)

That's easy, find someone with a VR-4 and EcuFlash / OpenPort 2.0, put the ECU in their car, get them to flash it and then take it away. If you're ever in the Birmingham area I can do it for you, likewise Nutter_John in the Luton area can do it for you.

Nutter_John
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep as said just put a manual rom Image on it and it will not care about anything . Post it to me and I will flash it for you as it only takes two mins
Or you could be really adventurous and put anti lag / lc on it as well

Confused
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I must admit I had been thinking about Anti-Lag and Launch Control on it - even if I don't use it, it'll be a good talking point to demonstrate when static ;)

The ECU is in a box at my dad's, so I'll dig it out when I'm up there in a couple of weeks and grab it and probably send it off to one of you :)

Garry

Confused
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
John/Jason - I've got the ECU now, are you still happy for me to post it to you?

If so, could you PM me across any details, such as postal address and how much you'll want for doing it, and I'll get it sorted! :)

Nutter_John
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
PM sent

Confused
01-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Cheers John!