PDA

View Full Version : EVO 8 wheels

enigma
15-11-2004, 10:57 AM
A genuine bargain!!!!

MLR have secured a deal with Mitsubishi on Enkei EVO 8 wheels £305 including VAT and delivery......for a set of 4!!!!

you have to be an MLR member though......however non members can pay £470 (or just join!)

See here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?postid=579538)

Looks like large quantities are available! :D

Jimbo
15-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Blimey that IS a bargain.

I've just seen that I could save myself £115 (http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html) on a set of tyres if I dropped to 17s, plus they'll be SOoo much easier to clean. :$

Need to give this one some serious thought.....I could be over indulgent and have two sets of wheels/tyres and swap them over on track days :laugh: or I could sell my 18s and save myself loads of money in the long run.

Just unsure about clearance on the AP calipers. Pete, I saw your picture with the OZs only just clearing the KAD(?) caliper, what were the Enkeis like clearance wise before you swapped them?

chris g
15-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Is the pcd etc of the advertised wheels OK for the VR-4? - I am ignorant about the range in wheel spec that will fit the VR-4

enigma
15-11-2004, 09:14 PM
The EVO pcd is the same as the VR4 - I have EVO wheels on my car and several others have fitted EVO wheels. Some people have even fitted these Enkei rims but they cost a lot more.......an awful lot more!

Enkei wheels (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502&highlight=enkei)

Spirit
15-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Just unsure about clearance on the AP calipers. Pete, I saw your picture with the OZs only just clearing the KAD(?) caliper, what were the Enkeis like clearance wise before you swapped them?

Jimbo - good news if you are serious about the Enkei's - they cleared the KAD's no problem - unlike the Superleggera's ! Go for them I say - a real bargain !

The Superleggera's needed spacers fitted to clear the KADs - and they're a 45 offset so I am guessing the Enkei's are a 48 ?

chris g
15-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks Dave

It was the offset I realised that I was uncertain about
- its OK at 38 as on the Enkei's?

And just thinking of the tyre size stated, isnt the best compromise, taken from posts on VR-4 forum, for comfort, handling and speedo accuracy partic, said to be 225-45-17

From MLR:
Picture shows 5 stud wheel

Post on thread:
PCD is 114.3
Offset is 38
Wheel is 17 x 8JJ
Tyre size 235/45r17

chris g
15-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Pete

Assuming yours are 48 offset to fit your car, where does that leave the fitting of the MLR advertised wheels which, from a post on there, are 38 offset

An offset that suits the Evo only?

And NOT the VR-4?

Spirit
15-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Chris

Was just guessing - it could be the offset is less on the Enkei's but the Superleggera design caused a problem as the spokes may curve inwards earlier than the Enkei's - but I promise you they were fine over the KADs so they will be fine if you have AP Racing or Brembo calipers fitted too.

SGHOM
15-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I can see a few sets of these going in CUSTOM FX shop window !!

wad'ya reckon Dave/Kieran ?? £450................... £500 ?? :D :-b

chris g
15-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Look Pete, if I've told you once I've told you at least a 1000 times that I do not go that fast and so do not brake hard and so do not have AP or Brembos

Well I think it was you I told, or was it just anyone who would listen?

Well I actually think it was BDA when he was posting about Ring and of being bored at CC

Seriously though, not upgraded calipers just pads so Enkeis look good and sound a good deal AS LONG AS THEY FIT and offset is OK

Can I take them to NZ?

Now where is that REALLY F'IN BIG cardboard box?

wirdy
15-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Why do I have an overwhelming desire to get some of these wheels- it seems too good to miss out. I'm losing money by not buying some - do you follow my (male) logic there?

Just b4 xmas too & money's tight.

/do I really need three sets of wheels? arrrrgghhh!!

Jimbo
16-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Jimbo - good news if you are serious about the Enkei's - they cleared the KAD's no problem - unlike the Superleggera's ! Go for them I say - a real bargain !

Cheers Pete, thanks for that, I guessed as much. :)

Very, very tempted.......oh, I shouldn't...... :lipsrseal :$

Flippin' eck though, it's £35 to join MLR!?!! I know I save that on ONE wheel, but still, what am I going to do with 12 months of Lancer membership?! :$

enigma
16-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I tell you whay, I will join MLR and buy as many sets of wheels as people want.....my part of the deal? £15 a set ;) :p

Jimbo
16-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Dave, if you're serious, then that's a very kind offer mate......I may well take you up on that :)

We've got till the 31st December or until the supplies run out, so I'm going to leave it a few weeks before I commit. I really, REALLY shouldn't.......but I'm soooo tempted :lipsrseal

I guess I ought to do some photoshop-ing to see what they'll look like on a white VR4 and also find out how much I could get for 4 used 18" BBS Rx's if I sell them :rolleyes5

HJM
16-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I really, REALLY shouldn't.......but I'm soooo tempted :lipsrseal

I guess I ought to do some photoshop-ing to see what they'll look like on a white VR4 and also find out how much I could get for 4 used 18" BBS Rx's if I sell them :rolleyes5
''
No you shouldn't -you're suppose to be saving for 'The Ring' (and Donington !!!)
and IMO those alloys are very dull :sad3: - your BBS 18's are much better and make the car (think of the grip you'll lose on the track - you might not be able to hold off the mighty Legnum :-D )

Heath

(please feel free to tell me to get stuffed and mind my own business :lipsrseal )

chris g
16-11-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm tempted even though I may be on the verge of selling the car

BUT

still confused about wheel spec

If offset, as stated in MLR post is 38, and the offset of Pete's wheels are/maybe 48, which is the correct offset to have for the VR-4 and is 38 the offset of the Enkei wheels?

Confused but just about ready to spend money

Jimbo
16-11-2004, 05:31 PM
No you shouldn't -you're suppose to be saving for 'The Ring' (and Donington !!!)

I know, I know, I know...... :$

"Must focus!"

Ohhhh, but they're shiny and new and cheaper for tyres..... :rolleyes5 :laugh:

rikward
20-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I have just put in a request to extend this offer to mambers of CVR4. Cheeky, but you never know. I'll update when / if I find out.

Spirit
20-11-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm tempted even though I may be on the verge of selling the car

BUT

still confused about wheel spec

If offset, as stated in MLR post is 38, and the offset of Pete's wheels are/maybe 48, which is the correct offset to have for the VR-4 and is 38 the offset of the Enkei wheels?

Confused but just about ready to spend money

Chris

The Enkei's are a 38 offset and my Superleggera's are 45 offset. Either is fine for the VR4 with standard brakes - go ahead and buy mate - the Enkei's are on my old VR4 and they do look sweet !

DaveG
21-11-2004, 01:08 AM
The MLR would be more than happy to offer these wheels to Club VR4 members at the same price as MLR members - after all we're all family!

All you need to do is register as a user on the MLR site and PM me here with your MLR username so I can give you permission to order the wheels at the MLR Member price.

Please remember to contact store@lancerregister.com first if you wish to place a large order or are overseas.

Regards,

DaveG
MLR Webmaster

DaveG
21-11-2004, 01:09 AM
I have just put in a request to extend this offer to mambers of CVR4. Cheeky, but you never know. I'll update when / if I find out.

Richard, we received your email. Please see my above post.

Spirit
21-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Dave, you're a star and I hope one day CVR4 can return the favour to the MLR in some way ;)

Roadrunner
21-11-2004, 08:53 AM
From MLR:
Picture shows 5 stud wheel

Post on thread:
PCD is 114.3
Offset is 38
Wheel is 17 x 8JJ
Tyre size 235/45r17
These are exactly the same spec as the Evo VII wheels and tyres that I have on my car and they certainly clear the Brembos :) I'd guess they'll clear Jimbo's APs as, IIRC, Jimbo is using 330mm discs which will fit OK under 17s (need 18s for the 350mm discs) and I'm pretty certain the AP calipers are not as wide as the Brembo ones.

+45 offset is likely to make for a tighter fit with any calipers as the wheel width centre point moves outward the lower the number (so, +38 offset would make for more clearance than +45).

Brian

DaveG
21-11-2004, 12:22 PM
These are exactly the same spec as the Evo VII wheels and tyres that I have on my car and they certainly clear the Brembos :) I'd guess they'll clear Jimbo's APs as, IIRC, Jimbo is using 330mm discs which will fit OK under 17s (need 18s for the 350mm discs) and I'm pretty certain the AP calipers are not as wide as the Brembo ones.

+45 offset is likely to make for a tighter fit with any calipers as the wheel width centre point moves outward the lower the number (so, +38 offset would make for more clearance than +45).

Brian

They clear APs with 330mm discs on my car no problem at all. There is loads of clearance both around the caliper and the face of it. Would be the same for VR4's I'd of thought. As you say, there is less clearance with the Brembo's.

:)

Jimbo
21-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Dave, a very kind offer mate, thankyou very much!

And thanks for the picture too, looks like you've got the same setup as me, 330 mil discs and AP 6 pots.

Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.... :lipsrseal

Jimbo
21-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok, so I'm a little drunk at the moment ( :$ )....... and I haven't got photoshop either......BUT!!....what do you reckon!!??!

(and yes, I DO think my tracking might be off :laugh: )

HJM
21-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Ok, so I'm a little drunk at the moment ( :$ )....... and I haven't got photoshop either......BUT!!....what do you reckon!!??!

(and yes, I DO think my tracking might be off :laugh: )

Mmm, the HJM camp is divided - he says they are a bit boring and prefers you're existing ones but I quite like them :lipsrseal

I'd def get the tracking checked though :D

DaveG
21-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Here's another pic you might find easier to work with

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/news/wheels/wheel.jpg

Jimbo
21-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Here's another pic you might find easier to work with

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/news/wheels/wheel.jpg

LOL, cheers Dave!

sprocket
16-12-2004, 09:50 PM
has any one bought a set yet and is the offer still available

Nick Mann
16-12-2004, 10:46 PM
On the MLR the offer is advertised until end of december. Don't know if anyone has bought these on this offer, but a couple of VR4's have worn these wheels in the past.

sprocket
16-12-2004, 11:20 PM
i really fancy a set but still have a few reservations on how the wil look. i have gonr through the members cars photos but does anyone have a photo on a legnum

banjo
25-12-2004, 10:56 AM
My son's just bought a set of these for his Evo VII (he's in the MLR club) and they look superb, are easier to clean and take note; weigh much less than the original Evo VII wheels. I'm thinking about a set for my VR4. He'll be selling the originals soon if anyone's interested.

jerryd_33
26-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi there M8, i am interested in the standard EVO VII wheels. Are the tyres on these EVO VII wheels any good? Chance of a Picture of the Wheels? And last of all, how much would your son be asking for them?

tig202
25-06-2005, 02:37 AM
I tell you whay, I will join MLR and buy as many sets of wheels as people want.....my part of the deal? £15 a set ;) :p

Does this offer still stand Dave?
Im currently trying to do a cheap but sweet brake upgrade and these rims would help the budget no end
:thumbsup:

enigma
25-06-2005, 10:08 AM
I am not sure if the MLR are still running the offer..............mosey on down and check it out! I dont think it was that popular so you may be in luck!

bernmc
25-06-2005, 10:42 AM
They're still available afik. Also check the 'for sale' forums as they come up regularly, usually with usable tyres.

Link to notice (http://lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68153)

and to buy in shop (http://lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=top10#/)

tig202
25-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Cheers for that guys :thumbsup: I have pm'd DaveG and hopefully looking forward to choosing some tyres :drummer:

NevGroom
26-06-2005, 08:32 AM
I tried this a while back and didn't actually get set up on the MLR - Plain forgot to pursue it - Let me know if you have any joy as I'd also be interested.

Nev

Axeboy
26-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Anyone anywhere got a pic of a galant with evo 8 alloys?

I may purchase depending on the looks..

You guys reckon it would look good anyway?

bernmc
26-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Zeddy (Mo) has these on his car, and they do look good - much better than I thought from the pics of the wheels alone, and better in the flesh than pics!

His is the white VR4 side-on in the pic below

Axeboy
26-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Very tempting

Axeboy
25-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Ive just bought a set of these to try...

:chugchug: