PDA

View Full Version : Turbo inlet pipework

hbkuk1
10-10-2011, 08:09 PM
anyone tryed changing this? i mean the inlet pipework from the maf to the turbos, look really restrictive and uneven from to rear any advantage in swaping this for alloy pipework?

Nick Mann
10-10-2011, 08:43 PM
The only ones I have seen in the UK with significant changes were cars running MAP sensors that had ditched the MAF and were running filters straight from the tubs.

It's got to be worth it, but most cars are autos and there isn't much room!

hbkuk1
10-10-2011, 10:32 PM
i have a mapecu 2 but its not fitted im not sure if i can be arsed with it tbh
gota be restrictive tho....just want the tubs to flow that tiny bit more :)

ILLEGAL
11-10-2011, 07:28 AM
only take around 30 mins to a hour to install the MAPECU2... then let it self learn for a good week with the AFM still running the car, then save the table that is created... then reset self learn for another week.. look at both tables and you should be able to make a half decent MAP based table.. thats sort of what i done... i was still left wth a few 0 values on the table but its obvious what the values should be. in my opinion and in my case its was well worth the swap to MAP sensor. before the swap it ran 25 psi then after removing the AFM it automatically went upto 27 psi and it was 800rpm earlier. yeh not to mention it does data logging.

hbkuk1
11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
i dont suppose you have a wiring diag and a base map then do you? life would be much easyer

ILLEGAL
11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
No diagram for your car. vr4wgn had it i think. the commitee banned him on this forum. kenneth would be your next best bet.. as for a base map. like i said just self learn it first before re wiring the ecu to run with m.a.p. sensor. It wont take long.

apeman69
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
The MAP2 manuals are freely available on-line if they're any use to you.