PDA

View Full Version : Airbox mod

keeko
16-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I`ve had my V6-24 about a month now and as much as i like it, the V6 it sounds like no other V6 (total silence).So,I`ve had it modified it a little. :D
Out with the standard airfilter and in with a K&N ,I then removed the airbox and on the front intake side of the filter on the underside of the box I`ve drilled a few choice holes to allow a bit more air in(approx 3 inch square.)
Its well out of the way of any road debris and puddle splashes and it`s on the cold air side of the engine before I get the cool air more dense/burns better bit.
The induction roar is superb after about 2500 rpm not too loud but a lovely note and the car sounds like a V6 should and as a result is more satisfying to drive/own.
I`m not saying it`s for everyone and as far as performance goes there`ll be little difference but i`ve done it on 2 previous V6s and it`s done them no harm.

What do you think? I`m ready for some flak :rolleyes:

Big Ian
16-11-2004, 04:07 PM
you'll find a few of us have "been there,done that" i then went for an induction kit with a ram air style cold air feed,which i think work's better and give's a louder noise :D ....un-till i fitted my duel exhaust,now i cant here a bleedin thing!!
you can also add extra hose to your standard air box to allow a more direct cold air feed,take of the resinator box (under side of your air box,a strange looking added on box) and add a hose from a hoover with it's hoover fitting and the intake end can be put behind the grill or down beside the fog light.

keeko
16-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Aye, good move with the extra pipe, it`s getting a good fitting one that`ll do the job.i`ll let it sit as it is the now just going to stick a Private plate on it in 15 minutes (they`re just getting made up now) It was either that or alloy wheels but the plate got the Nod ..............KIEKO .........£500 from DVLA web site ....bargain :-D