PDA

View Full Version : TV on MMCS will it still work upon digital switch over?

Humpty's Revenge
11-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Excuse my rather stupid question!

With digital switch over looming upon us will the TV still work on the MMCS when this happens? or will you need to add something?

Reason I ask is a friend of mine has a jaguar with TV from the factory in it & he has to buy some equipment to the value of £400+ to be installed for it to work./pan

Well that's what JJJJAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG has told him.

Davezj
11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
If it has a USB port on it you can buy a USB-D (i think it is -D) digital TV areial, or does that only apply on carputers, i know some of the cheap headunits with 7" screen built in have USB-D areial fitted to receiver digital TV

lathiat
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I would say the MMCS TV will not work once analogue is switched off.
I highly doubt it is upgradable via USB and I doubt it has USB anyway.

MarkSanne
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
If you have an external DVB-T tuner with an analogue output (which most decent car DVB-T tv tuners will have) you can probably hook it up to MMCS (I think it has or is capable of receiving/displaying external AV sources). The on-board interface for switching channels won't be via MMCS anymore though... a remote control that interfaces with the external DVB-T tuner will do that from then on.

Oh and such a device is in the pricerange (over here) at around 150 - 250 euro.

Nutter_John
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
isn't the video source only ntsc rather than Pal ?

swinks
11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Even if it is, most decent in-car digital tuners have defined output: choice of PAL (B, G, I, DK etc) and NTSC.