PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the Wind Deflectors?

Louis
12-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Has anyone removed wind deflectors from their car?, I am looking to replace a damaged one, but not sure how to remove and replace, any pointers or photos would be appreciated, cheers

Nutter_John
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
wind down the window , remove the two clips by pull down slowly , then with a very sharpe long blade run it between the door and the deflector to cut the bonding - be very very careful not to twist the knife as it is so easy to snap the deflector

Wobble
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
i used a spatula to break the sealant then just lift it away, undo window to get the clips off

Humpty's Revenge
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Use a thin plastic knife or something that doesn't scratch & pry the old one of. Then use something that wont scratch to get the sticky crap off the door surround.

Try to get most of it off then use your finger or something rubbery to get most of the rest off. You don't have to remove the clips that hold it on you can position it when you refit fit. Simply use double sided tape on the deflector to re-fit but make sure it's dry.

That's how I just did mine.

Louis
12-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Ta for quick relies, If I am replacing a damaged one with a new one, I don't have to remove clips??. So I run a blade around the joint, and slide it upwards? out or the clips, and then refit the new one with double sided tape (or silicone sealant??). So I need to get it into the clips without getting double sided tape all stuck together? :), is that about righ?.
How are the ends held in place?

Humpty's Revenge
12-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I would only use double sided tape bud, sealant will be extremely messy. Use tape on the ends too dude. I didn't remove the clips but that's your choice.

Louis
12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
ta :)

wintertidenz
14-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Get the proper automotive trim tape - double sided tape doesn't last.

There are actually three clips - and make sure that you clean the surfaces before applying tape so the tape adheres properly.

Humpty's Revenge
14-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Get the proper automotive trim tape - double sided tape doesn't last.

There are actually three clips - and make sure that you clean the surfaces before applying tape so the tape adheres properly.

To make this clearer, there are 3 on the fronts? and 2 on the rears then!

wintertidenz
14-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I haven't removed the rears, but the fronts have three.