PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Legnum

Steve-O
18-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Hi guys,

Been a fan of the Legnum for ages, but the insurance etc has always put me off, along with the fact I have liked sports car looks more.

For a while now I have been going around in my 300zx, however, the beast has been sold as me and the wife are looking at child no 2 soon and so a family car is needed.

So anyway, I thought what better way to get the best of both worlds than a tasty legnum!!!! Never been in one, but i've always seen them around and think that TBH they look pretty stunning, especially as they are an estate!

Well, hopefully i'll have the cash for my car at the weekend and its off I go to look at some. I've seen a fair few that I like the look / sound of on autotrader, so hopefully they are as described.

Still having a major problem with insurance though, Norwich Union quoted me an amazing 1560 a year with 1000 excess :O nearly fell of me bloody chair! best so far is 1600 with about 250 excess. I've done a search and filled out requests with the ones you guys recomend so im really hoping something good comes back, I really want insurance for under 1k.

Still thought id pop on and say hello, and also hope to see you guys around soon ;)

Cheers

Steve

Steve-O
18-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Oh, forgot to ask, whats the MPG like and parts costs?

Im used to around 8-11mpg around town in the Z driving easy with a couple of enthusiastic moments, and 17-19 @ cruise 80-90mph.

The legnum any better? I've just got a job working out of town so if the legnum is anything like 20+ @ steady cruise then that is a real bonus.

Also a little concerned over parts, are they easy to get hold of? do they fetch a real big premium?

Cheers again

Steve

Il Dottore
18-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi Steve,

PhilD from the 300Zx Board here! I've got a VR4 Saloon as my daily and the Z as the sinkhole! Give me a bell on 07768 065781 and we can chat! I'll give you all the lowdown you need.

Phil

Steve-O
18-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Matey,

Only reason i'm selling the Z is because I need more of a family sized car, that and if I keep it im going to spend a few more K on it, just cant help myself!!!! so it's got to go, it's like a money pit!

Taking the Racelogic off of it tho to put on the legnum :-D, should be awesome along with the 4wd!

I'll give you a call a bit later matey at work ATM, just got a new job so don't want to hog the phone with personal calls,

Speak to you later!

Cheers

Steve

Steve-O
18-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Of course the VR4 is an expensive car to run! What do you expect of a 1.5 Tonne saloon with Twin Turbos that pushes neraly 300BHP? Go back to your Mondeo ST200s and leave me in peace....

LOL, true, but is it as bad as a Z pushing 350ish rwhp that weighs over 1600! :-D

Actually how easy is it to up the boost etc, to bring it up to Z standard? and I told the missus I wasn't going to spend on it lol 'I'm going to keep it Completly standard' famous last words :rolleyes: :-D

Nick Mann
18-11-2004, 02:13 PM
350 is relatively easy to achieve. Several members have!

Have you checked the buyers guide under the resource tab at the top of the page?

Steve-O
18-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Phil, tried calling you tonight mate, but couldnt get hold of you, i'll try another time ;)

Il Dottore
19-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Sorry Mate! Left phone on silent. Went to bed thinking "Steve didn't call"....Long Day, short on brain power!

Give me a bell when you are free, phone is now off silent!

Phil

DaveLee71
21-11-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm doing the same.
Wanted to get one a couple of years ago but couldn't afford one then so bought an Impreza, when I went to pick it up a nice purple VR4 estate had come in andI thought DAMN!! but at £16000 it was too much for me anyway.
The scooby has been fun and is running about 270bhp at the moment up from 208 so it goes well. Main reason I'm looking for a VR4 now is that we've got a little fella and all his stuff takes up somuch room you go somewhere and can't buy anything!
I'm going this Thursday to find one and hopefully buy friday I'll have one.
Can't wait, just like a big kid.

Dave