PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing sound???

haydar
03-07-2003, 09:18 AM
My car has started to produce a buzzing sound from behind the instrument panel when I press the accelerator pedal? It doesn't do it on light throttle, only when I push down a little harder????

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be to do with the kph to mph convertor or deristrictor, since I've been told that these sit behind the instrument binicle.

BraindG
03-07-2003, 09:44 AM
that reminds me...
when i was fitting sat/nav to my first vr4, i had my entire dashboard in bits... one of my mates was helping me.. and then.. i came across this little black box.. with a .co.uk website URL on it.. i looked at him, he looked at me and we were what the hell is this? the cars from japan, why is there a .co.uk sticker on this black box.. and where the hell are these wires going..

some of the ideas we came up with was funny, from tracking device, to survelance part... mind, this was about 3 years, ago.. i didnt have a clue about the car then..

so, after much freaking out, thinking i was being "watched by big brother" INSERT INTO post VALUES (one of our ideas) we went to computer, typed in url.. and there came a website selling KPH to MPH gadgets..

we looked at each other, laughed for about 15 minutes, and went back to fitting the sat/nav :)

oh, and no idea if its capable of making a buzzing noise.. suppose it could..

Nick VR4
03-07-2003, 01:45 PM
It could well be the mph converter
Just after I brought the car the mph dial would suddenly just die on me after doing about 3 miles
Didnt clock up milage either Rev counter worked though
Got it replaced foc at garage it takes about 30 mins to replace

haydar
03-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
that reminds me...
when i was fitting sat/nav to my first vr4, i had my entire dashboard in bits... one of my mates was helping me.. and then.. i came across this little black box.. with a .co.uk website URL on it.. i looked at him, he looked at me and we were what the hell is this? the cars from japan, why is there a .co.uk sticker on this black box.. and where the hell are these wires going..

How does one get behind the dash board? Is there an easy way to get behind the dials to see the black box?

BraindG
03-07-2003, 03:13 PM
it wasnt actually behind the dails.. i had the plastic bit off under steering wheel, the two bits off on centre console, and mine was at the back right of stereo... and a wee bit up to the right... in line with the bottom of the dails, but closer to the stereo....INSERT INTO post VALUES ( not easy to explain on text.. )

at the end of the day, its jsut a wee box, with wires going to the ECU.. so it could go anywhere... but mines fairly close to the ECU.. if you know where that is INSERT INTO post VALUES (in general area where i described)