PDA

View Full Version : installing 6x9 rear speakers

ShadyNZer
18-11-2004, 08:06 AM
anyone have any problems putting these in a galant?? imah noob when it comes to this stuff so have no idea if i need anything else other than the **** in the box.. a mate sadi somethin bout raisers?? no idea wat he meant...
so yer any advice would be chur

i3ooyah
18-11-2004, 09:08 AM
spacers raise the speaker off the rear parcel shelf, because the hole back there isnt meant for 6x9's, in my opinion they look tacky & 6x9's are krap anyway :p

if your after bass your best off getting a sub, if your after midbass & treble your best off getting some components & putting them in the back doors. just from my personal opinion

ShadyNZer
18-11-2004, 09:32 AM
i got 2 12s in the back already...i got the 6x9s brand new for free so dont wanna waste em :D i wanna get some front ones coz they pop hard when i turn my sounds up....got any idea how big the fronts are?? 6"?

Polabear
18-11-2004, 07:15 PM
i got 2 12s in the back already...i got the 6x9s brand new for free so dont wanna waste em :D i wanna get some front ones coz they pop hard when i turn my sounds up....got any idea how big the fronts are?? 6"?

6.5" mate ;)

i3ooyah
01-12-2004, 02:33 AM
what 12's & amp you got running shady?

ShadyNZer
01-12-2004, 02:48 AM
2 clarions and i dunno wat type of amp it is, got it from my brother b4 he moved to aus, its this chrome lookin one, says audiobank on it so im guessing thats it...

dickytim
18-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Shady, the best thnig to do is sell the 6X9's on Trademe or e-bay, or even trade exchange and spend $250 at Paul Money (look in the white pages) and get a set of Alpine type R components, They will complement the sub perfectly, they are 6.5" so fit strait into the door pods, The tweeters can be fit into the factory location, with out too much hassel, All you would have to worry about is mounting the cross over box.

*****warning, once you have been in to speak with the guys from Paul Money you may feel the need to splurge on more audio components.*****