PDA

View Full Version : tein suspension fit on galant?

ShadyNZer
18-11-2004, 08:17 AM
anybody know about the tein adjustable suspension that sometimes comes standard in a legnum??
anyway my mate has some in his legnum and i was wondering if i could do a straight swap over???
if able, would it lower it much and would it be a good idea?? or should i jus stick wit my king springs?

cheers

Kenneth
18-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Yes, it should be a straight swap... unless possibly you have a 1990 VR4 and he has a 1997 legnum...

I put some sustec pro suspension in my galant VRG... it went straight inte my legnum.

A complete suspension package should give better peformance than just king springs. downside is that you might not have as comfortable a ride.

Personally I prefer the much firmer ride also so its all good.

ShadyNZer
18-11-2004, 09:41 AM
oh ok sweet as...cheers for that
....his car has 143kms so u reckon that would affect the quality big time?? or is it mainly the shocks that wouldve been worn out more??
but yeah my car is a 96 galant, exactly the same except a sedan so should be sweet aye?

Kenneth
18-11-2004, 07:42 PM
yep, it should be sweet as. The only problem I had when I had my suspension in the Sadan was that the car was actually a little on the light side... This meant that the springs were a bit stiff and gave the car a tendancy to bounce a little. nothing major though. besideds, the VR4 will most likely be heavier than the VRG :)

I guess it depends on how the suspension has been used and on what sorts of roads.

If the shocks have had to put up with lots of pot-holes then they could be screwed.

You could probably get them checked out by a suspension shop pretty easily.

Some shocks can be serviced and re-gassed also. probably much cheaper than replacing them.

You can always just put them on and see how they ride... I can change all my suspension over in about an hour.

_simon_
19-11-2004, 08:34 AM
I can change all my suspension over in about an hour.

Is that so you can get a warrent :)

ShadyNZer
19-11-2004, 11:16 AM
oh ok sweet as, cheers for the help....
...hopefully it doesnt look too high, hate how mine looks now without being lowered....blah

Kenneth
19-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Is that so you can get a warrent :)

:laugh:
Actually no, I got a warrant with the suspension on!
Not sure how, but hey :P

Just dont go to the on road testing stations...

Kenneth
19-11-2004, 09:52 PM
oh ok sweet as, cheers for the help....
...hopefully it doesnt look too high, hate how mine looks now without being lowered....blah

You might be able to put your king spring in if they arn't height adjustable... only one way to find out, put em on!

mine are height adjustable, so I have it as low or high as I like. I used to have it dumped pretty low, the tyres were just up under the wheel arches.

Interestingly enough, it handles better a bit higher and I dont have to worry so much about speed bumps and driveways

ShadyNZer
20-11-2004, 01:27 AM
yeah my old vr4 had kings installed and the back was jus a lil over the guard, wanna get it at the same height as my old one....tho the kings i got now are super lows so who knows, i think ill wait till i can put the adjusties on....

heres a pic of how low my old one was..

Spirit
20-11-2004, 08:21 AM
If you can get it over there, you could try the Bilstein kit (B12). I recently fitted this to my VR4 and am totally impressed. Excellent German build quality and make the car look mean as.......and the ride/handling is superb too. Costs around £500 over here for the gas shocks and springs.