PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Saloon (51 plate)

ritch_w
18-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Spotted this when i was in at the dealers the other day;

Mitsubishi
Galant
Saloon
VR-4 Type-S 2498cc 4 door Petrol

CD ABS Air Conditioning Alloy Wheels Central Locking Alarm Driver's Airbag Multiple Airbags Power Steering Immobiliser Climate Control Electric Windows Remote Locking, E/Mirrors, Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Spoiler, Rear Wash Wipe, Front Fogs.

Automatic 4WD
Registered October 2001
Recorded mileage 47501
Colour White
Price £11995

http://www.bridgendgroup.co.uk/
click Mitsubishi | search stock | select mitsubishi and you shoiuld find the VR4!!!!

think i might take it for a test drive ;)

ritch_w
18-11-2004, 10:32 AM
some pics;

colVR4
18-11-2004, 10:57 AM
The only thing that ruins it for me is the lack of leather interior and the horrid red bits on the steering wheel. Can you get VR4s with full leather and without the red bits on the Momo steering wheel?

chris g
18-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Get a genuine jap import - none of that s**te red trim AFAIK
Some imports have the stylish AND desirable Nardi Torino steering wheel

Like mine - and mine is still for sale!

The red bits are as bad as the Focus RS with the poxy blue bits!

jeff
18-11-2004, 12:26 PM
The red bits on the steering wheel are a bit sudden, i admit, but then the wheel is one of the nicest to hold, and I believe was developed by Momo for the VR4, also leather is nice, but the fully adjustable Recaros are just superb.
If you like leather, fair enough, but I'm always of the ilk that leather gets hot in the summer, cold in the winter and can wear quite badly if heavily used, and in a car like the VR4, the seats are not bolstered enough and you slide around too much. Test drive it, they are surprisingly comfortable and not as lairy as the wheel.......
Looks nice though, its crying out for some mud all over it though!

Big Ian
18-11-2004, 01:46 PM
:Cry1: what's the chance of it still being for sale in 6 month's....... :bow: i want a white saloon VR4 (next year though!)
Ritch did it look as good close up,was there many stone chip's.......did you ask nice for a shot of it?

as it's a UK spec,would it have came from Ralliart/extreme?

Nick Mann
18-11-2004, 02:08 PM
The UK spec means that Mitsubishi UK imported it and did a couple of minor mods before it was sold. Effectively the SVA plus alternator and underseal.

I think the Recaro is the best interior for the VR4, but I don't like the red on the wheel either. With unlimited funds I would swap it for a Momo from the Sport models. I think it is the same wheel, but no red flecks!

colVR4
18-11-2004, 02:24 PM
It looks like the wheel in my sport. I think you are right about the recaro seats though, you need the extra support. I don't think I will be getting one just yet until I can talk the fiancee round :(

simpsonm
18-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Each to their own I suppose as I think the red momo wheel makes the car stand out from normal cars. The red steering wheel is often one of the first noticed items on the car.

ritch_w
18-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Ian - i'll take a close look at it next time i'm over - i fancy a test drive;)

the steering wheel in the sport is a bit thinner than the vr4 - the vr4 is nice and chunky!

Nick VR4
18-11-2004, 06:03 PM
The only thing that ruins it for me is the lack of leather interior and the horrid red bits on the steering wheel. Can you get VR4s with full leather and without the red bits on the Momo steering wheel?

Yeap Full Leather in mine and a Momo part leather steering wheel black leather :-D

RED
20-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Each to their own I suppose as I think the red momo wheel makes the car stand out from normal cars. The red steering wheel is often one of the first noticed items on the car.

Absobloominlutely. Red steering wheel does stand out not sure at first but now it makes me different and I like that. The recaros hug yer bum and bits in all the right places so when I've got the 3 lights on me dash I'm firmly planted in my seat! :-D

Physician
20-11-2004, 10:39 AM
.............. The recaros hug yer bum and bits in all the right places so when I've got the 3 lights on me dash I'm firmly planted in my seat! :-D

I'm sure we can all relate to hugging your bum and bits ...... in the right place, of course (hotel, field, kitchen, garage etc) :lipsrseal

Big Ian
20-11-2004, 11:34 AM
:Eyecrazy: FIELD!!!!...:laugh: out door activate's are better done during warm summer night's.as everyone know's this cold weather is :nono: not helpfull :$

Pescha
20-11-2004, 11:36 AM
:$ naughty naughty :$

haha
Pescha!

RED
20-11-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm sure we can all relate to hugging your bum and bits ...... in the right place, of course (hotel, field, kitchen, garage etc) :lipsrseal

I say :$

RED
20-11-2004, 12:19 PM
:Eyecrazy: FIELD!!!!...:laugh: out door activate's are better done during warm summer night's.as everyone know's this cold weather is :nono: not helpfull :$

I'd have to go for a field if I was pushed at the moment-can't afford the hotel, kitchen is being decorated and we haven't got a garage :-D I've got the perfect solution for your winter problem though - I'll knit you a willy warmer for your xmas pressie :laugh: -how long do you want it :lolz: :devil5:

:topic: Sorry ritch_w this has got a little off topic :$ appologies

ritch_w
20-11-2004, 03:34 PM
:lipsrseal

anyway back to the VR4 ;)

test drove it today - not as quick as i anticipated - no major kick when the turbos boost - more refined, linear power i thought

bloody nice car, was still fast enough to see the wrong side of xxx on the private test track;)

being white the front end isnt as badly chipped as mine (indigo blue) - looks a lot fresher!

very nice car, decisions decisions!!!

esure wont insure it :( but lifesure are only £589 - i paid around the same for the v6 with Tesco last year!!! so insurance inst a problem.

the only prob is the extra servicing - that will be around 5 services a year with the mileage i do - so thats about £900 - £1K a year for servicing alone (bloody hell!!! :stunned: :rolleyes5 ) im sure i would have to get used to that!

to be honest main stumbling block is that it will cost me £5.5K to change - trading my v6 i will only get £6.5K - thats serious depreciation!! (£14K less than 2yr ago!) :sick: :sick:

need to think about it..... :undecided

forgot to add - those recaros are sooo goood!!
and if i get the car the garage will do the cambelt service free....

Big Ian
20-11-2004, 04:03 PM
if it was this time next year.."i'd av it".go-on Ritch,yae only live once!!

:topic:
ehh,RED how long av yea got? :laugh: :laugh:

Spirit
20-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Well having been lucky enough to have owned two VR4's I have experienced the Nardi Torino and Momo steering wheels. I must say I did not go much on the Momo at first but it does grow on you.

Overall I would now say I prefer the look of the Momo but the feel of the Nardi Torino ;)

Good luck with your decision Ritch - hope you make the right one :-b

Physician
21-11-2004, 11:36 AM
- I'll knit you a willy warmer for your xmas pressie :laugh: -how long do you want it :lolz: :devil5:

:topic: Sorry ritch_w this has got a little off topic :$ appologies

Yes, apologies rich_w.

RED ....... more to the point, how long do you want it? Either way, I'll fit in with whatever you decide :lipsrseal :-D

RED
24-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Yes, apologies rich_w.

RED ....... more to the point, how long do you want it? Either way, I'll fit in with whatever you decide :lipsrseal :-D

You are a cheeky bugger and no mistake :laugh: Modesty would have to leave me for you to make the finial decision but I have enough wool here to knit everyone something of a reasonable length :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :$