PDA

View Full Version : Galant VR-4 on Legnum VR-4?? yes/no

madaboutboost
31-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi all
Will the Galant VR-4 suspension fit on the Legnum VR-4 of the same year?
Thanks

pbaron
31-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Will it fit? Yes, is it the same? mostly. From factory the rear springs on a Legnum are stiffer than a Galant due to a small weight difference.

Cheers

Gly
31-10-2011, 07:41 PM
if its just springs (galant to legnum) dont it will sag badly in the rear.

if its adjustable's you may be able to wind it up, but it wont be right, always best to have the correct springs.

madaboutboost
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Cheers guys :)
I really need my car jacked back up, so I either go full adjustable, so I can set the ride I want. Or I go for stock springs. Now, someone on trade me is selling a full set of std struts and spings (so no spring compressors needed to swap over) but they are from a galant VR-4
But, they will lift me up until I decide which route to go :)

elnevio
09-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Only just seen this! :mask:

If the springs are interchangeable, why is there apparently so much difference between Galant and Legnum springs, given that the estate only weighs an extra 40Kg, i.e. half an adult! I really can't see how just that little extra weight would make it sag?

Which leads me to think that there may be other differences?

lathiat
09-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Usually wagons are designed for more load carrying in the rear also which would effect the setup, plus the weight distribution probably changes a bit I imagine.
Just guesing.

madaboutboost
09-11-2011, 07:28 AM
yeah they must be more progressively wound perhaps to get stiffer the more you put in?