PDA

View Full Version : Its nearly christmas!

Paul Beazer
18-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Evenin all

The time has come for me to seriously start looking for my new car, sadly not a VR4, but the next one down, a V6 man Estate!

Any buying help would be really appreciated, i suppose a lot of the buyers guide applies, apart from the engine and running gear. Any suggestions would be good.

I've seen a couple in Discharge & Fart for about £4k, buy they were pretty high milers (75k for a 2 1/2 year old) Im dont really want an ex repmobile, but what options do I have. Im gonna have about £6k to play with, what do you lot suggest? Am I gonna be able to get a good one?

Any suggestions on where else to look would be good, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t!

I live on the Isle of Wight (in the water near Portsmouth) so distance :-D :-D is a consideration, having said that, right car, will travel

Cheers for your help

Paul

Paul Beazer
18-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Evenin all

I live on the Isle of Wight (in the water near Portsmouth) so distance :-D :-D is a consideration, having said that, right car, will travel

Cheers for your help

Paul

Uh oh, rogue smiley alert!

Nick Mann
18-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Ex-repmobile not necessarily a bad thing. If it knocks a few £k's off then I am interested every time. Motorway mileage is usually easy on a car with enough power.

You'll get a good one, but you'll have to search!

Spirit
18-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Get in touch with Polabear mate - he has a stunner for sale - think its got 47k on the clock, FSH etc ;)

Paul Beazer
18-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Ex-repmobile not necessarily a bad thing. If it knocks a few £k's off then I am interested every time. Motorway mileage is usually easy on a car with enough power.

You'll get a good one, but you'll have to search!

Evenin Nick.
Where do you suggest I search, I want one now!!
Pity I dont get my payout for 10 days (not that im counting! Oh yes)

Paul

Paul Beazer
18-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Get in touch with Polabear mate - he has a stunner for sale - think its got 47k on the clock, FSH etc ;)

Cheers spirit, but I thought polabears was an auto?

Nick Mann
19-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Could look here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982
)?

Also try chatting to pezza - he is looking for a replacement at the moment too. The more eyes the better!

Good luck in your search!

Polabear
19-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Cheers spirit, but I thought polabears was an auto?

It is Paul.....not neccesarily a bad thing with the invecs box... :)

Kieran
19-11-2004, 11:21 AM
It is Paul.....not neccesarily a bad thing with the invecs box... :)

The manual is considerably faster (mine's cracked 60 in 7.9 secs at the 'Pod), but it also tries to chew up the tyres and break traction with irritating regularity on anything other than perfectly dry, smooth tarmac.

The autobox will let you get away with more, but it ain't as fast. And it's more thirsty I think Pezz and Nick Mann compared the two - Nick's got a manual whereas Pezz's is an Auto. Perhaps one of them would post their thoughts? ;)

Polabear
19-11-2004, 11:25 AM
The manual is considerably faster (mine's cracked 60 in 7.9 secs at the 'Pod), but it also tries to chew up the tyres and break traction with irritating regularity on anything other than perfectly dry, smooth tarmac.

The autobox will let you get away with more, but it ain't as fast. And it's more thirsty I think Pezz and Nick Mann compared the two - Nick's got a manual whereas Pezz's is an Auto. Perhaps one of them would post their thoughts? ;)

23-25 mpg round town with my auto...which I didn't think was too bad... :rolleyes5

Kieran
19-11-2004, 11:50 AM
23-25 mpg round town with my auto...which I didn't think was too bad... :rolleyes5

Whilst I've been off work, I've been lugging loads of stuff to our house - Mainly 'Round town' driving. Averaging about 28-29Mpg. More on a stretch. But I agree, it's an efficient 2.5 V6! :)

Paul Beazer
19-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Could look here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982
)?

Also try chatting to pezza - he is looking for a replacement at the moment too. The more eyes the better!

Good luck in your search!

Have already been in touch, but his is a saloon, I want / need a wagoooon!
Cheers anyhoo!
Paul

Polabear
19-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Have already been in touch, but his is a saloon, I want / need a wagoooon!
Cheers anyhoo!
Paul

Who was it you were in touch with Paul....?

Paul Beazer
21-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Who was it you were in touch with Paul....?

Phil S, got a nice saloon going by the sound of it!