PDA

View Full Version : general insurance question

Pastor of Muppets
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Okay here we go!

A friend of a friend of mine was driving over the mountain road in wales when i dihatsu fourtrak (ultimate farmers car) pulled out of his lane and caught the front of her car. he apologised profusely (am i right in thinking that an apology is an admission of guilt) and exchanged details.
his insurance company have told her to get it fixed pay for it and send them the reciept.

Now for the tricky part she can't afford the repair work as thay are asking for about £1200 is there a way of doing this so she doesnt have any out of pocket expenses??

Cheers all
AC

Atik
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Surely the Diahatsu driver's insurance company should foot the repair bill?

Pastor of Muppets
04-11-2011, 01:30 PM
thats what i was thinking
unless they are intending to contest?????

Atik
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Hmm, sounds odd. I would not be happy to have to foot the repair bill first and then claim back from the insurance company. I know it means the car is off the road for some time, but it should be his insurers that foot the repair bill. Even if it means getting some quotations and sending on to the insurer for approval and then getting the work done on the basis that the price quoted will be paid by the insurers.

Pastor of Muppets
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
bare with me i think a certain young lady may have gotten the wrong end of the stick and she ought to be sending quotes not recipts

exevoowner
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
she should send 3 qoute's to them and let them sort out who repairs it

Humpty's Revenge
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
she should send 3 qoute's to them and let them sort out who repairs it

That will depend on if the insurer has a specific approved repairers they will use all the time then they don't need to do that!

Spirit
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
The other sad part is that many repairers are under threat as insurance companies are taking an age to pay out. In fact, the company who repaired my Evo back in April/May have since gone bust. At the time the owner told me some were taking 3-4 months to pay ! When they went bust they were owed nearly £100k from insurance companies ! 8 staff lost their jobs, and a 25year business has gone..........disgusting !!

I reckon more and more firms will soon start refusing to release vehicles to the owners until they are paid......and can you blame them ?

Davezj
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Steve is right here,
if she uses an approved garage of the other blokes insurance company the insurance company trust that garage and the repair gets done straight away and the garage just bills the bloke insurance company directly. there should be no inconvenience or cost to the woman if he is admitting full responsibility for the accident.