PDA

View Full Version : Problem with headlights. Need to change them for from LHD to RHD.

RocketD0G
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I've just gotten an VR-4 Galant facelift.
The problem is that in Finland we drive on the right side of the road and this makes the frontlight "lightpicture" wrong way.

Theese are the lights i've got on the car(they look the same):
http://bananaauto.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/galant-vr4-headlamp-oem.jpg

But my local Mitsubishi dealer can't find RHD version of theese lights. Anybody got OEM Mitsubishi code for the RHD ones?
I want theese lights cause they give a better overall view of the car than the split ones (Repater is split from the headlight)
Picture:
http://image.fbt.se/global/images/image.php?src=/mnt/newftp/35/bil/lgnr/210439_1.jpg&width=&height=

Or can i just adjust them to get RHD "lightpicture"? i wanna keep theese badly or get some looking about the same.

Somebody help me, I'm frustrated :(

-John

adaxo
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm afraid that one piece VR4 lights is only available in RHD pattern, and I don't think it is doable to change light pattern to LHD

stu
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm afraid that one piece VR4 lights is only available in RHD pattern, and I don't think it is doable to change light pattern to RHD

I've just changed my one piece VR4 lights because they were LHD pattern. They were slightly different to normal VR4 lights, in so far as the internals were all chrome instead of black like normal VR4 headlights.

MarkSanne
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
It's very do-able. It's just you'll need to open op these JDM LHD lamps and switch the outer chrome reflectors for a donor set of reflectors from a set of euro/RHD 2-piece headlights. I've done it several times. It is a direct fit, so no futher modification needed. To open up the lamps you need to heat them up to soften the black glue / kit that hold both the glass and the plastic parts together. Use a large oven (10 minutes @ 100 C) or use a heat gun for as long as needed to soften up the black kit/glue. Start with the original RHD lamps to get some experience. After 2 of them you'll know the drill. Good luck!

swinks
04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
To clarify:
EU lights - LHD,
JDM, UK - RHD
Above abbreviation refers to position of steering wheel not the traffic!

RocketD0G
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
It's very do-able. It's just you'll need to open op these JDM LHD lamps and switch the outer chrome reflectors for a donor set of reflectors from a set of euro/RHD 2-piece headlights. I've done it several times. It is a direct fit, so no futher modification needed. To open up the lamps you need to heat them up to soften the black glue / kit that hold both the glass and the plastic parts together. Use a large oven (10 minutes @ 100 C) or use a heat gun for as long as needed to soften up the black kit/glue. Start with the original RHD lamps to get some experience. After 2 of them you'll know the drill. Good luck!

I think i love you! Thanks. This is how i'm gonna do! :) I've done this before on my vauxhall!

-John

adamvortex
05-11-2011, 06:56 PM
good luck john!

adaxo
05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm afraid that one piece VR4 lights is only available in RHD pattern, and I don't think it is doable to change light pattern to LHD

Sorry for misleading /duh/pan:coat

RocketD0G
06-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Sorry for misleading /duh/pan:coat

No harm done :)