PDA

View Full Version : drop link arms?

Scanny
06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
i need 1 but i am going to replace both. where is the best place to get them?

aboo
06-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Ebay or Camskill Richie.

Scanny
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
i dont have an ebay account and i wont touch camskill. any national outlets that stock that kind of thing? dingbro for example

Beastlee
06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
You could try Livery Dole in Exeter, ask to speak to Russ and tell him Lee from Germany sent you. He normally offers 15% discount for the club. I reckon that will still be considerably more then Camskill, I've order £1000s worth of kit from them and never had a single issue. They are £60 + postage at Camskill.

Davezj
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Camskill drop links are £30 a pair for the rears and £26 for front plus postage so if you only need front about £30 delivered.

ebay ones are about £20 ish a pair front or back.

Beastlee
06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Dave are the ebay ones genuine Mitsi parts? Camskill are as they are the ones I'm selling with the ARBs at the moment. I've had too many issues with non OEM ball-joints so tend to keep clear now.

Davezj
06-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Dave are the ebay ones genuine Mitsi parts? Camskill are as they are the ones I'm selling with the ARBs at the moment. I've had too many issues with non OEM ball-joints so tend to keep clear now.

not too sure if the ebay ones are , how would you tell, do the mitsi one come with part numbers stamped on them.

Beastlee
06-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Mine came with Mitsi parts labels on the packaging and the tell tale red strips round the rubber covers. I'll check them and see if they are stamped anywhere.

aboo
06-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Have to agree with Lee. I bought cheap drop links from a trader on here & they haven't lasted. I bought a cheap set of front one's off ebay that I haven't fitted yet but my thoughts are to go with OEM ones as I need new ones for the back but I have upgraded the ARB's. The cheaper ones may be ok with standard ARB's(not sure) & Richie's car is a V6 not a VR4.

Davezj
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
the upgreaded arb's will probably kill standard droplinks on a regular basis, but that is the price you pay for upgrades, it a trade off in adding performance normally means a shorter life for something else.
i have had blueprint droplinks in the past and they seem work fine.

Davezj
06-11-2011, 11:11 PM
because they are so cheap and easy to replace you might as well do them on a regular basis.

aboo
06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
the upgreaded arb's will probably kill standard droplinks on a regular basis, but that is the price you pay for upgrades, it a trade off in adding performance normally means a shorter life for something else.
i have had blueprint droplinks in the past and they seem work fine.Your right Dave but the cheap ones only lasted a couple of months. I think that OEM one's would last a bit longer.

Davezj
07-11-2011, 12:14 AM
they probably would do as you generally get what you pay for.
i have no particular preference for any brand of droplinks, as long as they do there job, all i posted in post 5 was what is readily available and what the prices are, no more than that.

Scanny
07-11-2011, 01:49 AM
its the nearside rear that is causing the clunking noise i have noticed lately and its getting progressively worse. i had it checked yesterday and the guy spotted the problem straight away which apparently means it is well gone as its under constant pressure. he reckons i am as well replacing both since the other one is probably on its way too.

i need a few bolts for the lower ball joint arms i bought the other day too. nothing to do with the parts i bought here, its the ones on the car that dont want to come off the car so they need cutting or burning out. the bent one is now replaced which seems to have made no difference so all i need now is the straight ones replaced to try and eliminate the vibration. failing that, the alloys will be coming off soon to be replaced with the originals with winter tyres once i source a set. kwik fit quoted £650 which they can ram. online i can get falkens for around £100 each and they have a local outlet in falkirk who will fit for a tenner each

Davezj
07-11-2011, 02:22 PM
seems like the order of the day, get all the jobs done before winter sets in.