PDA

View Full Version : Anyone off on holiday this year?

Brind
03-07-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm off to Germany the end of the year like usual and do some christmas shopping and manic driving in me new car, should be good, although it was bloody freezing last year! about -10 most days but the roads INSERT INTO post VALUES (even very small) were very clear considering.. unlike the roads here.

I may go to Spain in about 7 weeks time for a short break.

I really want to visit Thailand and Australia sometime in the furture.

How about you?

bonsai boy
03-07-2003, 10:03 PM
japan november 03 one week
japan february 04 pos 2 weeks
get lots of trees and hope to get car parts

Lee
03-07-2003, 11:33 PM
I dont know what attracts people to Germany but ive always fancied it, is it green and very clean? this year, i have been to, France - in the VR4 top drive, top place and very nice people, Italy INSERT INTO post VALUES (Florence, Pisa and Elba) and Italy again in a couple o weeks, takin the missus on a suprise birthday treat to Venice INSERT INTO post VALUES (is she worth it tho?) oh and hopefully the Caribbean at Christmas like last year.

Lee
03-07-2003, 11:35 PM
althogh Christmas in the far east is a possibility, whats it like?

Brind
04-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I've been to many places in Germany but usually I take the Ferry to Hamburg, last time I flew because the Ferry doesn't dock in Hamburg anymore but about 100 odd miles drive north instead at Cuxhaven but this time I am going to take the Ferry because I have the VR-4 to go in now.

We usally stay at a Center Parcs in Bispinger Heide not too far down a drive, this has everything you need for a few days and works out alot cheaper than hotels or whatever and it's easy reach to Hannover which is huge plus many other places along the way.

We usually go because of the atmosphere, it's very clean and the people are okay.
They really go to town on making it festive there, they put up thousands of lights even in the small towns are very well lit up!! they have lots of markets where you can buy hot food etc which is very good, nothing like the bochalism we serve up here.
It's just completely different.
And you drive as fast as you want too!

Certainly worth a visit.

The Ferry is: http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/
And Center Parcs is here: http://www.centerparcs.com/

richieelliott
10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
see nurburgring