PDA

View Full Version : Galant Vr-4 Cobra Alarm trouble

RocketD0G
16-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey,

I've having some trouble getting my alarm and remote fob to function properly. I can see one piece is missing from my keyring. I don't know how this is supposed to work since I've have no experience in car-alarms whatsoever. I'm not completely sure it's a Cobra alarm, but thats what I've figured out when searching the forums and interwebs for info.

So I'm turning to you guys to hopefully get some answers to my endless questions about this.

When i press the A)) button to the right on the fob. There's a small green led glowing on the fob. But it seems nothing happens. The red led is still flashing it's ass of inside the car.
I also have a penny sized thing under the steering wheel with a small hole with 2 connectors inside. I bet the thing that should be there also fits on my keyring on the silver thing that is next to the alarm remote.

How to get this working again? And what functions will this have then? what does the arrow key do? Attatched a picture to give a picture of what i'm talking about.

To sum this all up: WAT!?

-John

Nick Mann
16-11-2011, 06:26 PM
It doesn't look like the normal cobra alarm fitted in the UK. Can you find the control box or the siren?

Davezj
16-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I am with nick on this one, I don't recognise it as cobra or laser line alarm fob.

Eurospec
16-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah i'd be pretty sure thats not a Cobra. See if you can find the control box or alarm. Fav place on a VR4 for the control box is usually on top of the ecu or behind the kick panel above the drivers knee.

Cheers,

Ben.

RocketD0G
17-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Hmm. Well the car is from Japan exported to UK. Seems like i have some work to do now in the weekend :)

I'll get back to this as soon as i know what it is :S

-John

RocketD0G
22-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Update: It's probably somekind of Getronic / GT alarm.

To make it short: I'm screwed!

purple_guana
13-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Generally Cobra alarms have 52676 as alarm remote. the key be a bypass if remote failed. you generally also have a transponder for immobiliser 52677 which works on an induction loop. mate's EVO3 got a Cobra. blardy good alarms too.

DeanH23
24-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Hi Guys

Sry to bring this back up. My Ralliart has the Cobra Alarm. Never had to Fobs when u bought iat just used the transponder on the dash. now i left car with guy to complete rust repairs and he shut up shop.
Got the car back and the transponder is broken. What is the best way to replace or remove this so i can start the car?

Davezj
25-04-2021, 11:59 PM
if you want to remove the immobiliser you have to find the immobiliser box, unwrap the tape from all the black wires from the immobiliser box and trace them to where they connect to then once you find the original factory wiring you can cut the immobiliser wire out and join the original wires together and the car should start. this will not be a 10min job as the installer normally tries to make the immobiliser install invisible.

DeanH23
26-04-2021, 05:27 PM
if you want to remove the immobiliser you have to find the immobiliser box, unwrap the tape from all the black wires from the immobiliser box and trace them to where they connect to then once you find the original factory wiring you can cut the immobiliser wire out and join the original wires together and the car should start. this will not be a 10min job as the installer normally tries to make the immobiliser install invisible.

Thanks pal. I have a Cobra 6422 alarm. i wonder is it possible to get a new cobra and use the existing wiring. that way i will have coded fobs and transponder.

Davezj
27-04-2021, 08:55 PM
you might be able to get a new transponder dongle and program it to the immobiliser box.
but i thought you just wanted to get the car started.

search on cobra instuction or cobra manual on here.

i think there is the full instruction booklet

Davezj
27-04-2021, 08:59 PM
here is a link to the thread where the cobra elite MK3 alarm instruction manual is kinked to.

https://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62913-Galant-Legnum-Cobra-Alarm-amp-Immobisier-Instructions&highlight=cobra+manual