PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for car

jalford
22-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm looking for a new car and a mate suggested the VR-4.

There don't seem to be a lot around, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

Looking for a saloon rather than the Legnum. I guess I would prefer a UK car as I don't have any experience with insuring Japanese imports.

Anyway, just to say Hi to everyone and see if there's anyone out there who can help.

James

Nick Mann
22-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello and welcome!

There aren't a lot - one of the reasons I like them. All of them are considered imports, even the UK supplied ones, as they all came off the production line minus a fog light and with kmph on the speedo. The UK ones were made to UK spec by the dealers.

Search for insurance on this site and you'll find many recommendations and should find a good quote. Also check out the buyers guide which you will find under the resources tab above.

If you post the town you live in you may find a member who wants to show one off to you!

Good luck in your hunt!

jalford
22-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Been looking around the site over the weekend and read through the buyers guide which was really informative.

Interesting to hear that all the VR-4s are considered imports. I guess that will make it a little easier than trying to find a UK model.

Nick Mann
22-11-2004, 09:54 PM
UK versions have the advantage of being more likely to have full history, plus undersealing on arrival, but the fog lamp is the most ugly thing you have seen on a conversion!

Any questions you can't find the answer to, ask away!