PDA

View Full Version : Editing posts typing area size

Davezj
27-11-2011, 04:36 PM
When you first type a response on a post, the are to type in is very small and is sometimes very difficult to read you post back before submitting it to the thread.
But when you edit a post you have already made the editing typing area is much bigger. Which is much better reading your post back. Is this done for any particular reason or could you resize the initial posting box.
I think it has become an issue for me as I am using my iPad more and more for viewing this forum and using the two finger scrolling up and down within the typing area is quite difficult.

elnevio
28-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Dave, at the top right of the typing box, there are two little arrows (like FF & REW icons, but up and down instead). Click on the down arrow and it makes the box bigger. And bigger and bigger, the more you click on it! :thumbsup:

Davezj
28-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Most excellent, i have not seen them before, as they are very dark colour against a very dark background.
Thanks Nev

adamvortex
28-11-2011, 09:31 PM
your just too posh dave..............ipad! i want one.

Davezj
28-11-2011, 11:30 PM
your just too posh dave..............ipad! i want one.

iPads are rubbish, if my wife had not bought it for me as Christmas prezzy last year, I would not have one.
Unless you are are apple everything person they are rubbish, they are so restrictive on what can and can't do and load on to the it is unreal. The major issue is you don't have a USB socket on them, so to transfer a file you have to turn on you laptop start iTunes copy the file into that then copy it from iTunes to the IPad. Why?
The files are available in my home network are my iPad is connected to that network and I can't copy files to and from that network without going thought bloddy iTunes. Rubbish.

BraindG
29-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I've seen these USB adapters used for importing photos, not sure if other uses tho bit of a google may tell?

http://www.saverstore.com/product/20068970/7725665/Apple-iPad--Camera-Connection-Kit--USB-Adapter---SD--Card-Reader-

Davezj
29-11-2011, 02:40 PM
yeh they only do photos some how. not sure how they differentiate.

after my rant found a file browser app call "file browser" funnily enough, it allows me to connect directly to network now and NAS drive now.
printing from an ipad is still a pain in the arse though, i did find an app to do it, but you should not have pay extra to able to print from a tablet pc whatever the operating system.
Booo Hisss!