PDA

View Full Version : Weird lighting problem...

UKPonchoMan
28-11-2011, 11:04 PM
When I turn on my lights I get only sidelights and dipped, but when I turn on the indicators, the relevant driving light comes on and then goes off when the indicators are cancelled.

Can anyone advise as to what is causing this? Doesn't sound like a short as each side is working independently!

Many thanks,

Chris

horndog
28-11-2011, 11:07 PM
They are working correctly
The front fogs have 2 bulbs each side, the inners are fog lights, (switch near your right knee)
The outer bulbs are turn lamps which come on with the Indicators

Nick Mann
28-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Aye! Lots of cars seem to be developing turn lights now - looks like the VR4 was ten years ahead of the game! :P

Davezj
28-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Mercs, now have corner cameras so when you are stopped with the indicators on the cameras in the front of the front wings look left and right for you, and display the two images on a monitor screen. It is ideal as they are much further forward on the car than your eye line so effectively look round the corner or obstruction for you.
Now that is good use for tech.
But because micro video camera are so small and cheap now this could be retrofitted to any car now for less than £100.

horndog
28-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Mercs, now have corner cameras so when you are stopped with the indicators on the cameras in the front of the front wings look left and right for you, and display the two images on a monitor screen. It is ideal as they are much further forward on the car than your eye line so effectively look round the corner or obstruction for you.
Now that is good use for tech.

hmm, summer, sexy ladies, short skirts - How to overide the system.... :evil2:

Nick Mann
28-11-2011, 11:24 PM
As a student I was fixing a car by the side of the road on a summers friday evening. The road was the main road for fellow students to walk along to get to the union. That was a job that took longer than it needed to!! :P

UKPonchoMan
28-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys... I spent quite some time wondering why they didn't seem to work!!

Davezj
29-11-2011, 01:28 AM
I believe also that some people over ride the operating with indicators, and go for either switching them on manually or have them coming on with the headlight.