PDA

View Full Version : What Parameters to log with evoscan

Davezj
30-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi all,
What are your recommendation for parameter to log with evoscan to give the information required and a good quantity of data points.
For maybe,
1. Tuning boost, setting up a MBC or EBC.
2. Diagnosing a misfire
3. Etc, etc, you say what you are aiming for.

Can you also give some extra info to help others who are just learning.

why you would choose the parameter you do.

what you are trying to achieve when logging with these parameters.

Just thought this might be useful for the beginners.

foxdie
30-11-2011, 10:34 PM
It depends entirely on what you're doing.

If you're diagnosing, then as much info as possible, if you're mapping / tuning then only a specific set of information will help so you get as many samples as possible.

For tuning, I typically log at least the following;
Throttle Position
Either Engine RPM or RPM MUT 2Byte Mod if supported by ECU
Battery Level if I'm logging Load Calculated as well (see later)
Timing Advance
Injector Pulse Width
Injector Duty Cycle
Speed
External Wideband A/F Ratio (requires wideband o2 sensor kit on serial port)
Knock Sum
AFR Map if I'm logging Load Calculated
Load Calculated or Load MUT 2Byte Mod if supported by ECU
Octane Level
Wastegate Duty Cycle

adaxo
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks Dave to bring this up, and thanks Jason for answer
So here we go, that is what I log today on my way back from work (7am about 10 miles) some full throttle actions logged, now can any one shed some lights how is running what to look/change ???

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwmJdpWwLiO3MGM4MzI5YmItN2E3MC00OTQ0LWE4Y TktYzdlYWNkNDU4Yjc4

Davezj
02-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Anyone else have an input on this?

By the Adam I can't see your attached doc, and do you want a copy of ASA bringing round on Saturday to karl's.

Shtiv
06-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Pretty much the same to begin with and for general testing of stuff, less when doing a specific thing, the less stuff you log the more resolution you get.

EG if fuel is sorted then you can turn all of the injector and AFR stuff off and just log the timing stuff, same for looking at boost etc.... Only load, RPM, throttle position, speed & knocksum are always on for me, then I add whichever other parameter as needed for what i'm doing.

lateshow
07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Don't log unnecessary items because that way you'll get less frequent data packs from the ecu-> in worst case the whole data looks odd. For diagnosis you should add water temperature, it has been nice too see how many car have a broken thermostat. ISC-steps can tell you if you have a problem with the idle stepper motor.

For tuning I use always 2byte load, normal rpm, knock sum, TPS (need this one if going to "virtual dyno" for triggering purposes), timing advance and every item you need for those. If you have an external wideband connected to ecu then that as well.

Davezj
07-12-2011, 02:26 PM
excellent info guys i know this will be very helpful to other members.

once i get a few more responces i will collect all the info up and put it in an article to allow newbies to get started on the right track.