PDA

View Full Version : Weejie in Harrods

Roadrunner
24-11-2004, 03:47 PM
[A translation service is available if required ;) ]

A young Glasgow lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job.

'Do you have any sales experience?' asked the manager. 'Oh Aye; uv dunna bitta sales stuff back up eh road an'at, ah'eh Barras an'at, know?', nodded the young Weegie.

The manager liked the lad, so he gave him the job. The young Scot's first day was challenging and busy, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down to see how he was settling in. 'So, how many sales did you make today?' He smiled at the boy.

The Weegie said: 'Jist the wan'.

The manager was immediately disappointed. 'Wh-a-a-t? Just one? Harrods's sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day! Dear me! Oh well, how much was the sale for, anyway?'

'£101,237.64' said the lad.

The Harrods manager choked. 'Blimey, one hundred and one thousand, two hundred and thirty-seven pounds and sixty four pence! What in hell did you sell him?'

'Well, first ah selt him a wee fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then ah selt him a new fishing rod. Then ah asked him where he was gawin' fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I telt him he would need a boat. We went down to the boat department and I selt him that twin-engined Power Cat. Then he said he didn't think his wee Honda Civic could pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I selt him a dinky 4x4 Suzuki...'.

The manager was now incredulous. 'Wait a minute; you mean to tell me that a guy came in here to buy a small fish hook but you sold him a boat AND a four-by-four?'

'Naw naw, big man, he came in tae buy a box of tampons furries missus and Ah said.........
'Well pal, seein' as how yer weekend's f**ked, ye might as well go fishing...'.

Physician
24-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Hahaha! And don't we all know THAT story ......... :-D

Good one.

Trow
24-11-2004, 04:56 PM
LOL Hehehe that's good - shame none of my Kiwi workmates understand it tho!!!! :laugh:

nick-f1
24-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Hehehe! Classic :laugh: :laugh:

Polabear
25-11-2004, 09:48 AM
PMSL...... :lolz: :thumb1: great one Brian

RED
25-11-2004, 10:10 AM
:lolz: very funny :-D

Spirit
25-11-2004, 10:59 PM
:lolz: excellent !