PDA

View Full Version : Battery terminal connector digital display

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I ordered a new car battery and realised i had to change the jap spec small connectors. I found these and thought they were a good price and in stock .

http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/MUTANT-NICKEL-POS-DIG-VM/MTVBTP/Power-Accessories/Battery-Terminals
and the negative
http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/MUTANT-SATIN-NICKEL-NEG-TERM/MTBTN/Power-Accessories/Battery-Terminals

Davezj
15-12-2011, 10:06 PM
i don't mean to sound off, but when i needed a new battery, i just bought one with the correct size and oriented in the correct way, as most batteries come as standard with the positive and negative round the other way.

however i think the battery terminals you have linked to look great and having a volt meter embeded in the terminal, how cool is that. i have seen tiny little volt meters that are designed to stick to the top of the battery and very thin wires to connect to each batter terminal.
i might get one of these positive terminals as i am liking these a lot.

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 10:09 PM
the one i had was the jap type and was 45 rated..crud i wanted a decent battery and all the jap small type connector ones were not good as i wanted , hence went for a uk type which has bigger terminals
but interms of these connectors every where else i found was expensive or had to import from usa..and for the price was £19 inc delivery for both i thought they are good value

VR457
15-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Ordered and repped.

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 10:25 PM
cool thanks chap :)

Davezj
15-12-2011, 10:25 PM
i bought a uk spec battery with big cracking amps, the round terminals were slightly bigger than the jap standard ones, but all you have to do is undo the terminal bolt and the standard terminal fits straight over the uk spec battery terminal, and makes a good tight fit.
but i do like the positive terminal with the volt meter in it.
i am so tempted, but i just promised myself i would not buy anything else until i had fitted all the stuff i already have, but i like these so much.

swinks
15-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Dave, that's a good find. I like them, gonna order them soon. :)

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 10:29 PM
5 left i think on the site dave and thats all they have hence the reduced price ..cool tomaz yours and my batteries will be indentical ..lol

Davezj
15-12-2011, 10:34 PM
going to buy one now, thanks for the heads up.

just ordered mine positive one only though.

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 10:35 PM
:thumbsup:

swinks
15-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Cool, just ordered mine. :)

Davezj
15-12-2011, 10:59 PM
that can be a christmas prezzy my wife does not know she has bought me.

only 2 in stock now.

funkstardelux
15-12-2011, 11:01 PM
hehe, and also it will be tucked away under the bonnet :)

Davezj
15-12-2011, 11:11 PM
she will never know, but will love her for it.

Louis
16-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I have ben using similar for about 2 years, they give a quick indication of how the battery and alternator are doing, and saves you having an amp or volt meter. I got mine from ebay they were cheaper, and have lasted just over two years. I put them on when I changed to my Red top battery, (bigger UK terminals).