PDA

View Full Version : Tints

savagest-r
27-11-2004, 09:58 AM
hey all

so i've got the factory tinted windows but mine didn't come with the back one tinted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so what's the best way do rectify ths problem?????????? :dozey:
also it would help if it wasn't to expensive, so the wife doesn't mind to much

-LegnumVR4-
27-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Just get it tinted with the stick on stuff. U have to get a product that isn't too cheap or it will just turn to crap later. If done right u would never know it wasn't factory.

savagest-r
27-11-2004, 11:17 PM
sweet!!

you mean the stuff at repco or is that the cheapy stuff???
ummmm it doesn't affect you using the rear window heater does it????

cheers Rhys

blair

savagest-r
27-11-2004, 11:21 PM
i'm back

what did you use on your front two side windows?????

do you work at blackwells cos i always see your ride there??? :-D

cheers

-LegnumVR4-
29-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Nah i'm at the Gym just down the road.

For the tints, never tried Repco so can't comment on their product. These days u get what u pay for. I would get some quotes on getting the rear window done to compare prices. A good tinter would remove the trim around the window so he can then hide the edge of the tint. A good tint shouldn't bubble/peel or fade if it's a good product and install correct. U can remove the trim around the window to save money on labour.

My front 2 windows were done by someone who used to work for blackwells (tints) A one off for me. They are top of the line tints with all the good stuff in them. :-b

_simon_
29-11-2004, 08:05 AM
How can you tell what are good tints or brands of tint? what stuff should I look for? I'm going to get my front sides done. In my primera I got the rear half of my car done at a different place to the fronts (coz when I originally got the car done I got the rear done too dark, got a warrent for a year and a half before they failed me) and there is a noticable (well only if you look hard) difference in colour, one is browny black while the other is blueish black. Now that I'm looking at getting the legnum done there seems to be a whole lot of options and I'm not sure what's marketing BS and what's important.

-LegnumVR4-
29-11-2004, 08:29 AM
There are three different types of tint film:

Dyed film

This is simply dark-dyed polyester film with adhesive on one side and an abrasion-resistant coating on the opposite. It has a relatively low level of solar heat rejection.

Cheapy.

Hybrid film

This uses a combination of a dyed film (this provides the colour) laminated on to a metallised film (for high solar heat rejection). It appears lighter than dyed film, but has improved performance.

Middle of the road.

Fully metallised film

This derives its colour and performance from the type of metals coated on the polyester base film. It is generally high performing and quite reflective.

Best.

_simon_
29-11-2004, 09:09 AM
thanks

savagest-r
29-11-2004, 09:56 AM
geez!!!!!!!!!!

thanks rhys, i think you need a mrs(if you don't have one) you know to much about these kinda things!!!!!!!!
NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING

so how much $$$$ to get a good job done

side's

back

both

cheers