PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 99> N/S Foglight Assembly (Fog/Directional Light)

Henkster
28-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Wanted N/S Foglight Assembly (Fog/Directional Light)

Hi

Has anyone got a N/S Fog Light Assembly lying around that they don't want??

A Brick Killed mine and the replacement I got keeps foggin up - DOH!!!

Annnyway if anyone has one For Sale please let me know

Thanks

Henkster

Kenneth
28-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Why dont you fix it so it doesnt fog up?

Basically you just have moisture inside the assembly. If you have a leak, you will keep getting moisture in it, but usually some just gets in when you dont have the bulb fitted.

The easiest way I found to fix that happening to the headlight assembly on my galant was to take it off, take out all the bulbs, pour in about a cup (or as much/little as you like really, i just had about that much lying around. just make sure its enough to swill around and get every surface) of methelated spirits. swill it around for a while (a minute should be heaps), empty out the meths then leave it in a warm dry warm place until all the meths evaporates.

that should remove all the moisture. It worked for my headlight assembly, should work for you.

I suspect you wouldnt need much meths for a fog light...

Kenneth
28-11-2004, 11:20 PM
you could probably just leave the assembly in your airing cupboard for a while, but i think the methelated spirits will speed things up.
Obviously I couldnt do without a headlight for a couple of days but a fog light doesnt matter too much.

good luck.

Henkster
28-11-2004, 11:46 PM
you could probably just leave the assembly in your airing cupboard for a while, but i think the methelated spirits will speed things up.
Obviously I couldnt do without a headlight for a couple of days but a fog light doesnt matter too much.

good luck.

Thanks Kenneth Ill give it a go!!!

Henkster