PDA

View Full Version : Brembo brake question

madaboutboost
08-01-2012, 06:33 AM
So, am I correct in saying that my 98 facelift Legnum will accept EVO 8 Brembo brakes all round with no mods?
I think this will be a mod for me towards the end of the summer, had brake fade last week driving to Castlepoint enthusiastically following a scooby ;)
I've seen a few full sets and imagine they come up quite often but do I just simply need, discs, pads, calipers? No additional adaptors, brackets, new brake lines??
Cheers

CANDEE
08-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Yes to all the above, it will accept evo 5-9 brakes fine. :)

madaboutboost
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Awesome :) makes life a little easier then for modding ;)

Patryn999
08-01-2012, 07:43 AM
The Evo 7 goodridge lines fit OK if you're looking for braided lines. The rears are a bit long, but with zip ties (gly's method) or some tactful positioning (what I did) they loop around fine. I made a post about it in the brakes forum section a while back. Just an FYI, as whenever I searched before they always mentioned Exact Engineering lines (I think) which are a bit hard to get in NZ being a EU company, haha.

CANDEE
08-01-2012, 07:55 AM
The only major issue is that you will need evo spec wheels if you already havent.... Also Moscrats make braided lines to order if you need some. :) Im currently using brembo spec ones atm on std brakes and they are a little long but fine. :)

madaboutboost
08-01-2012, 07:56 AM
yeah would probably upgrade the lines and pads at the time of doing it. Possibly get new rotors all round as well with some grooves? depends what I can find at the time of doing it ;)
The 5,6,7,8 EVO has 320 fronts don't they? I imagine I'll have no probs with my current 18's but I'm looking to swap back to 17's soon.

CANDEE
08-01-2012, 08:04 AM
The evo 5,6,7,8 & 9 all have the same brakes, its just the 10 thats different. No wheels are a guarantee with brembo's, tbh more wheels dont fit vs actually fitting.. :( What wheels do you have currently?

madaboutboost
08-01-2012, 08:07 AM
GMAX Boston and looking at their site, they clear, I have 18x8.5 rims
http://www.gmaxwheels.com/wheels.php?wheelname=Boston

Gly
08-01-2012, 08:22 AM
you HAVE TO change the rear lines, minimum to the evo 5-9 ones, as they have banjo/bolt fittings on the brembos.
and the stock vr4 rear lines are npt compression type fittings.

and remove or trim the rear dust covers,

if you can get the brembos with the bolts to mount to the hub, the vr4 ones are a different thread size
the rear bolts will need to be cut down so they dont hit the disks.

nothing else is required.

Nick Mann
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Carstens summary is the most precise one above I think, but everyones advice is good on this thread. As for wheels, spoke design is more important than rim size, wheels tend to foul the face of the caliper.