PDA

View Full Version : ATF for my VR4 can you mix fluids?

sanct
09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi all
My Torque converter seal is leaking slightly and need some advice.

Eurospec service my VR4 so usually use Amsoil can I top it up with something different or is it a case of replace all or top up with same(amsoil)?
Hope that makes sense... basically if I can't get hold of Amsoil for the top up what can I grab that's half decent from Halfrauds and won't mean having to drain things down and start again.

Cheers
Luke

Nutter_John
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
if your seal is leaking then it is only a matter of time before it goes and you lose the fuild , why not just order a litre from Don @ AMSOIL

TAR
09-01-2012, 07:29 PM
as John said, you can order a litre if you want but please be aware that the seal can give way in a dramatic fashion and drop the whole contents of the gearbox on the floor in seconds. I would consider getting it fixed sooner rather than later.

:happy:

Jesus-Ninja
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
if I can't get hold of Amsoil for the top up

Can't see why you wouldn't be able to get hold of any. Plenty on line. Where in London are you? If you're really stuck I have an unopened litre. I assume it's the same in the transmission as in the AYC system.

As for mixing fluids. Provided that the fluid you want to add is the correct spec (SP3, IIRC), then there should be no issues mixing per se - ie no reactions etc. One of the stipulations for motor fluids, AFAIK, is that they can be mixed without reaction or separation etc.

amsoil
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes amsoil can be mixed not a problem, you will be reducing the quality of what you have and will have to accept that of course.
There should be no supply problem, says he sitting on £50,000 worth of ATF alone in the warehouse!

elnevio
11-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes amsoil can be mixed not a problem, you will be reducing the quality of what you have and will have to accept that of course.
There should be no supply problem, says he sitting on £50,000 worth of ATF alone in the warehouse!

You must be quite high off the ground there Don! :D

Nick Mann
11-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Nah - with the amount it is worth, only about a foot! :P

amsoil
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Its just dark in there!