PDA

View Full Version : Auto gearbox issues

karbonology
21-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi all.

Just picked up my 2nd VR4, another P plate auto. It has some strange geabox issues. It has a judder when going down a hill as it shifts from 5th through to 3rd? In auto mode it sometimes seems slow to change up, especially when you are heavy with the right foot, I had put it down to its learning, but coupled with the judder, I thought I should ask the question. It works perfectly in tip mode however. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Oh, it is showing error code 77, but im aware what that issue is.

Subaru ETA
21-01-2012, 11:19 PM
What trans fluid is in it? When was it changed and what does it look like?

karbonology
22-01-2012, 10:53 AM
What trans fluid is in it? When was it changed and what does it look like?

Thats going to be my first choice, i will be renewing the filter and fluid. Whats the best oil thats recommended for the box?

elnevio
22-01-2012, 11:24 AM
The best? Amsoil's Universal ATF.

Subaru ETA
22-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Do a search - probably the most covered topic on the forum!

amsoil
26-01-2012, 06:57 PM
We offer a club discount just go to Forums/ UK forums/ Club discounts/ Amsoil discounts, and its all there. The only difference is that the updated recommended engine oil is now the new Amsoil AZO 0w-30 out tomorrow!

jayp
26-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Don,

If the azo is out tomorrow does that mean it will be in stock? Need to do an oil change before moving to Germany.

Regards,
Julian

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

amsoil
26-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes sorry, didn't make that too clear. We have been waiting since the end of November for the 'lost' container to arrive. All things being equal it will be with us and available tomorrow. Might be Saturday before we have it available on line.
They tell me the best of the best just got better!!!

amsoil
26-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Anyway back to the original subject which was ATF and the triptronic box