PDA

View Full Version : Keys Lost!!!

basheer
02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Hello Club VR4

Hey guys can ne 1 help and tell me if they know if my car has a transponder on the key, i ve lost the key :sad3: , it's a 99 v-reg ralliart vr4, also dose ne 1 know where is the key code on 1 of the locks so that i can get a new key made...

Thnks

BraindG
02-12-2004, 01:41 PM
go to mitsubishi with your chassis number

they should cut you one, but if its a japanese import, they need to get some fax or other from japan before they can cut it..

basheer
02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
i spoke to them, i gave them the chassis number, but they havent got a key code for the key, they told me to get a key code and get back to them, do u know if it's got a transpoder on the key, also i thought they were all imports???

BraindG
02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
im sure thats wrong, i went to mitshy to get one cut..
had to wait ages cos they had to contact japan with my chassis number..
then they got what ever it was they called/faxed for and they cut my key..

other than that i have no idea where the hell the key code would be..
perhaps on birth certificate? if youve got that still?

no, not all are imports, well grey imports.. they are all imported.. but some are "official" uk release version.

Physician
02-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Hello Club VR4

Hey guys can ne 1 help and tell me if they know if my car has a transponder on the key, i ve lost the key :sad3: , it's a 99 v-reg ralliart vr4, also dose ne 1 know where is the key code on 1 of the locks so that i can get a new key made...

Thnks

Hi Basheer,

I really don't know if this helps but on my MASTER key (with the push button door opener) it has the number {edit} ...... but I'm guessing that's MY key and yours should be different.

Sorry can't help more. :sad3:

{edit} Im off to get your key cut now :p

dcuk
02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
It is their responsibility to get your key code.
I'd be surprised if the dealer has the database for your car, BUT, Mitsy UK HQ should have such information. They should have the data for all cars and the components they used to manufacture, down to the batch level.
Ask them to get their finger out and do some work.

basheer
02-12-2004, 03:09 PM
mine has full ralliart service history and ralliart stickers all over it and on the interior, dose that mean it's an official uk version, also ne 1 got mitsy hq tel numba... wen i foned mitsy in eccles they told me it's an import and dont have the key mnber...

dcuk
02-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Tel: 01285 655 777
I wouldn’t recommend customers to speak to their staff unless it is a complaint.
Whether or not it is an import is irrelevant. Cars like Peugeot and VW are also official imports, does it mean they cannot get keys? I also cannot imagine a Merc dealer telling the customers to go and find the code for their classic cars, which might not even be an official import.
If the dealer hasn’t done it before, tell them to speak to Mitsy dealer support, or their (technical) inventory manager. If they don’t have the answer then it is the HQ responsibility to contact Japan, which might only take 1 day.

basheer
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM
thnks for the help peeps, i spoke to mitsy customers service they had the key number thankfully, these mitsy dealers r a waste of time, i mean it's not my job to speak to mtsy hq and c if they got a bluddy key number it... ne way thats life hey and life is wat u make of it so they say...

Thnks guys

BraindG
03-12-2004, 01:01 PM
cool, atleast its getting sorted!