PDA

View Full Version : EvoScan 2.9 Beta released :)

foxdie
28-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know, EvoScan v2.9 has just been made publicly available to beta test here: http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-updates

I've been helping test it, there's some great new features;
Greatly optimised code, logs a lot quicker with less CPU usage
Live Tuning MapTracer - Highlights exactly where you are on a 3D RPM vs Load vs Whatever you select (ie. timing) table
Live Virtual Dyno - Display engine power / torque live as you drive
Support for Kens KS Mod 1.x and 2.x ROMS in the Map Tracer :D

You can install this without it affecting your 2.7 / 2.8 install, this beta creates its own separate folders :thumbsup:

lateshow
29-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Have to install it to see if he did the average consumption counter (propably no) or that is there a possibility to log transmission ecu (propably no)...

Nick Mann
29-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Jason - can we log the empty sensor inputs yet? Can I stick my wideband and my boost sensor into the stock ecu on unused inputs and log them?

foxdie
29-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Jason - can we log the empty sensor inputs yet? Can I stick my wideband and my boost sensor into the stock ecu on unused inputs and log them?

You can log the spare o2 sensor input just by ticking the box. So you can only monitor the one.

As for any other inputs, not yet. With Kens ROM it may be possible to log the pins that are switched ground for mods ie. clutch switch. I'd like to see them loggable though :)

lathiat
30-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Ahhh awesome stuff.. thanks for the tip.. will grab it now really could do with the map tracing feature, I was literally considering coding my own last week.

BCX
30-01-2012, 04:45 AM

Yes we can log any input... what were you looking at logging?

if it's a voltage input, you're limited to what inputs you can use. If it's a digital input (either earth or 12v input), i can tell you MUT addresses to log.

foxdie
30-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree it's possible to modify the MUT table to log particular addresses, I think what Nick is probably meaning is logging additional pins that aren't used at all.

There's several free pins for example on the 4th connector (which I have a hunch is all 0-5V analog inputs, each one has its own ADC) pins 3, 4 and 7 are totally unused (73, 74 and 77 respectively), I'm wondering if there's a way to tap into them and use them as additional sensor inputs that (for now) can be used with EvoScan but then ultimately used by the ROM itself.

Bill, if you can, it'd be great to just post up a table of known pins vs MUT addresses, then we can expand on that with trial and error :)

Adam.Findlay
30-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Map tracer makes it so much easier to tune in my opinion but does the live tuning aspect of it work with the 720x H8 series ecus? as i thought this release was only live tuning for the evo 7 onwards?

Im hanging out for someone to crack live tuning on our ecus (especially with a big remap being needed when I install my cams)

lateshow
31-01-2012, 07:35 AM
In a way it's live tuning (although you have to use ecuflash for reflashing every time and turn the engine off ) and you get to modify the roms fuel and ignition settings in the evoscan window. Like knock for instance. You just drive a little and it updates live (?) where it knocks the most (with load and rpm scaling) then you just modify your ignition. The same could with measured AFR if you have an innovate or you have connected a wb to ecu. Nice & easy.

lateshow
31-01-2012, 07:38 AM
And yet the best thing if the live power/torque thingy works, you can tune it on the road with that!!!! How sweet is this!

lateshow
31-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Havent tested yet but TCU says no longer "under development". Now if we just had the average fuel consumption thingy this would be just perfect.

Nick Mann
31-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Yes we can log any input... what were you looking at logging?

if it's a voltage input, you're limited to what inputs you can use. If it's a digital input (either earth or 12v input), i can tell you MUT addresses to log.

Exactly what Jason said. I have some PLX sensors that output 0-5v and thought it would be good to log them. I currently have boost and wideband, but egt is something I would potentially add at a later date. So I can log one of them as the 2nd O2 input, but what about the other?

Adam.Findlay
31-01-2012, 09:57 AM
And yet the best thing if the live power/torque thingy works, you can tune it on the road with that!!!! How sweet is this!

I already tune on the road :) just means alot of stopping and starting for reflashes, which is why im so keen for propper live tuning

SmartBOOST
31-01-2012, 10:54 PM
2.9 works perfect!! I've long been waiting for this, and he lived up to expectations!!!

BCX
01-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Map tracer makes it so much easier to tune in my opinion but does the live tuning aspect of it work with the 720x H8 series ecus? as i thought this release was only live tuning for the evo 7 onwards?

Im hanging out for someone to crack live tuning on our ecus (especially with a big remap being needed when I install my cams)

I've had some small wins getting live tuning on a Magna and will port to VR4 once it works. I just dont have time to actively work on it as much as i would like. An incetive of sorts would entise me to spend more time.

I've essentially managed to hijack MUT and get it to read/write any location of memory I tell it. this will give me some understanding on what's going on in the ECU, with this - i've got a couple of ideas to implement live tuning.

Another mod i've got working, but haven't polished to release is output based on certian conditions (ie for water cooler spray, water injection, etc), again time is my biggest problem!

scott.mohekey
01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
I've had some small wins getting live tuning on a Magna and will port to VR4 once it works. I just dont have time to actively work on it as much as i would like. An incetive of sorts would entise me to spend more time.

I've essentially managed to hijack MUT and get it to read/write any location of memory I tell it. this will give me some understanding on what's going on in the ECU, with this - i've got a couple of ideas to implement live tuning.

Another mod i've got working, but haven't polished to release is output based on certian conditions (ie for water cooler spray, water injection, etc), again time is my biggest problem!

Have you considered sharing what you've done so far so more people can work on it? I imagine if both you and Kenneth combined forces, things could move along a lot faster. I'd be happy to help out as well.

Kenneth
01-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Have you considered sharing what you've done so far so more people can work on it? I imagine if both you and Kenneth combined forces, things could move along a lot faster. I'd be happy to help out as well.

We have been to a certain extent. We discussed the live tuning and I gave a few suggestions. Kudos to Bill for doing it though, this mod is the one which should crack the whole hacking front wide open!

Great work Bill. :thumbsup:
Please let me know if you are willing to share the code with me. I have been meaning to send you the map switching updates but moving house has got in the way. I have also been meaning to migrate my code to your IDA database but haven't had the time (just continued on mine for the map switching) though I would guess that you have made a lot more progress so it wouldn't be worth while now?
perhaps I should create a bare bones database with my mods so it can be merged with yours... To a degree the ease of that will depend on who has done the most code changes... If you are prototyping on a Magna ECU though, perhaps you have not done a lot to the VR-4 ROM?

Are you using a bench harness for flashing? If not I could be able to get one for you (not sure on the cost, shouldn't be huge though) and we might be able to negotiate a spare ECU (blown CEL transistor but otherwise appears to operate fine) if you don't have on to develop on.

I also found how to fix that memory reference issue on disassembly where it looks at 0x1???? rather than 0x???? so let me know if you haven't worked it out yet.

scott.mohekey
01-02-2012, 04:39 AM
We have been to a certain extent. We discussed the live tuning and I gave a few suggestions. Kudos to Bill for doing it though, this mod is the one which should crack the whole hacking front wide open!

Great!

Adam.Findlay
01-02-2012, 10:21 AM

I have donated to kenneths causes in the past and as live tuning would benifit me greatly (especially if it works with KSmods roms) I am willing to donate/pay for your development on the matter. pm me about how much would be needed to motivate you. possibly others will help out here also

BCX
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Great work Bill. :thumbsup:
Please let me know if you are willing to share the code with me. I have been meaning to send you the map switching updates but moving house has got in the way. I have also been meaning to migrate my code to your IDA database but haven't had the time (just continued on mine for the map switching) though I would guess that you have made a lot more progress so it wouldn't be worth while now?

Yes, i too haven't had much time to sit down and look at this all. I've taken more responsibility at work which has eaten my time up. Yes, sure have disassembled a lot more... as the source code is very similar to the Magna, as i find things in either disassembly - i check it exists in the other rom... so both are progressing at almost the same rate. Also i finally got off my ass and replaced some busted capacitors from 3 dead dell 2007fp monitors that i aquired from work... so i've finally ditched my trusty 17" sony crt for three high res IPS lcds. Makes for faster hex editing/coding.

perhaps I should create a bare bones database with my mods so it can be merged with yours... To a degree the ease of that will depend on who has done the most code changes... If you are prototyping on a Magna ECU though, perhaps you have not done a lot to the VR-4 ROM?

Yeah, when its at a shareable state, i'll email something through. the live tuning part so far adds an extra 200-250 lines of code in assembly and counting.

Are you using a bench harness for flashing? If not I could be able to get one for you (not sure on the cost, shouldn't be huge though) and we might be able to negotiate a spare ECU (blown CEL transistor but otherwise appears to operate fine) if you don't have on to develop on.

I've created a magna harness that i can test on as magnas are very common here, but when i'm ready to port to vr4 might be handy... i'm paranoid about bricking my own ecu.

I also found how to fix that memory reference issue on disassembly where it looks at 0x1???? rather than 0x???? so let me know if you haven't worked it out yet.

Very interested!

I have donated to kenneths causes in the past and as live tuning would benifit me greatly (especially if it works with KSmods roms) I am willing to donate/pay for your development on the matter. pm me about how much would be needed to motivate you. possibly others will help out here also

Tell me how much you think it's worth and we'll go from there... I know i'd much rather disassemble/hex edit ECUs than my current role of network admin/support :p it's far more interesting hehe

one thing to keep in mind is that all this time spend may lead to a dead end, but i'm stubborn and once i've hit a brick wall, i'll open up what i've done for discussion as there has to be a way.

As for merging my work with kenneths work, it's def possible.

Patryn999
04-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Not related to whats been discussed at the moment, but has anyone had any luck with the live map tracer? It works easy for timing/knocksum etc. but I can't get it to map the input from the second oxy sensor (where I've routed WBO2 to) to register on the fuel map graphs. I'm wondering if it'll only accept serial-connected widebands.

horndog
13-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Bit of a hijack, but I've got an Evoscan GPS & 1.3 Cable - Software v2.5

Ive never used it other than as SatNav, but I had a play about at the weekend, Thought about doing the easy stuff first ha, ha,
When setting it up the Galant/Legnum is not a listed vehicle in the options - There are Evo 4/5/6, evo 7/8/9, Mitsubishi 1998-2002, etc,

What settings are used for the full version?
Ive tried a search but cant see anything

I have tried to use the gauge screen, but only the rev counter works, - im a bit stuck!

veegeeta
27-02-2012, 09:24 AM
hi have evoscan 2.9 does not read my tps just stays at 78.82353 also doesnt read my fuel trims they say 0 is there any callibrating that needs to be done to read legnum galant properly i have no problems with ecu flash but need my data loging sorted any help setting up evo scan would be awsome