PDA

View Full Version : Lights Problem....

ShadyNZer
03-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Hey, Anyone know if the red indicator on the altezza type lights are illegal in NZ, im thinkin they are and others are saying they are and some are saying they arent....the dude who sold them to me reckons they are..

"...This galant set is red indicator.So red/orange all legal here.The clear little one is reversing light only clear is legal."

One dude asked....
"I am very keen on getting a set of these for my car. But I do have one question - are you saying that these WONT get a warrant if you take them to the AA or VTNZ? I always take my car to a VTNZ testing station and wouldn't want to get caught out".

His Answer....
"I have asked VTNZ people about many aftermarket tail/headlights legal or not.But results are different station different opinion,different person different opinion...Some of them won't give a WOF pass in clear tail lights but some do.Some said projector headlights legal anyway just not blue angel eye color but some said no WOF for that.LTSA need more standard I think.

Seller Comment: I think this Galant set will pass the WOF in 80% VTNZ station but I am not sure all of them.They SAE/DOT standard marked but some stations still not let them pass.So I can't make sure you pass anyway but you could take this picture to ask your VTNZ station first :) "

so yer my dilemma, shouldve went to a testin station ffs :sad3:
anyone know where i could possibly get the lens changed to orange??

cheers (soz for the long read)

-LegnumVR4-
03-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Depending if they are like the front factory lights u could heatup the light around the clear bit where they contact the black part. This would release the glue that holds them together so u can get inside them. U then would have to pop out the red light and replace it with orange plastic or clear with orange bulb.

ShadyNZer
08-12-2004, 07:40 AM
i took them to a place where they do warrants and stuff and asked them, he didnt know so he rang around for me and told me they were approved or somethin....so i chucked them on....

Pete M
08-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Have a look in here:
http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/publications/vir-manual/index.html#general

There's a section on direction indicator lights. Front ones can be white or amber, rear ones can be red or amber.
So there should be no problem.

My Legnum ones are mostly red anyway, the rear indicators are smoked grey but light up orange.

PM