PDA

View Full Version : Problems / Issues / fixes - give me work!

BraindG
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for things to tinker with, does anyone have any issues with anything to do on the site? - maybe layout issues, overlapping text, can't find information easy enough, threads sticky that shouldn't be, threads that should be sticky...
/nag
You raise anything you feel will help improve CVR4 for the better, if you rather you can PM me than reply that is totally fine with me.

Thanks
Barry

/bounce

Nick Mann
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
The resource library seems less friendly than before the forum upgrade. I'm not sure exactly how it needs improving, it might need a complete rework? But the simple things are:
Some forums show posts from the last 100 days. Being a reference area that often makes a forum look empty!
The Workshop Manuals all used to be filed in the same area as the articles/threads that had been assimilated, so all the engine stuff was together, the interior stuff was together, the gearbox stuff was together etc...
It used to be easy to find the service schedule information, but now all the documentation is in a big thread and it takes some finding....

Sorry - it sounds like a big job already!

The other thing I miss is the gallery. I seem to remember someone saying that would be tricky or impossible to re-implement, but I can't recall what I was told at the moment.

foxdie
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
How about implementing the fixes to jChat I sent ya? ;)

Also, let me develop a version for mobiles :)

sampsulo
02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Ah. And here I thought that I could bounce an idea off you guys.
When using my iPad for chat net etc I want to be able to interface with my iPhone reply SMS on the iPhone using my iPad. Because its annoying always have to stop and check the iPhone. Eventually making. Calls would be nice.

Wrong place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reconstructor
08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I think that the street address field in the membership renew form is too short. I cannot enter my complete address there.

BraindG
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,
I think that the street address field in the membership renew form is too short. I cannot enter my complete address there.

Thank you, I have doubled the amount of characters than can be input.

Kryton
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
The text is cut in half (bottom half missing) when I have a new PM saying '1 new message'. I am running in classic view though so it doesn't really matter to me :)

BraindG
08-02-2012, 02:00 PM
The text is cut in half (bottom half missing) when I have a new PM saying '1 new message'. I am running in classic view though so it doesn't really matter to me :)

Could you post up a pic please?

Kryton
08-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Either its sorted or i'm a lier /haz Ignore me, but if it happens again I will take a screen grab

BraindG
08-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Some forums show posts from the last 100 days. Being a reference area that often makes a forum look empty!

All forums within the Resource library now set to "beginning"

The Workshop Manuals all used to be filed in the same area as the articles/threads that had been assimilated, so all the engine stuff was together, the interior stuff was together, the gearbox stuff was together etc...
It used to be easy to find the service schedule information, but now all the documentation is in a big thread and it takes some finding....

Do you mean this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?5507-Galant-Workshop-Manual-PDF-s-x-26) thread? - I thought i made it as easy as possible, breaking down chapters per reply etc.

The other thing I miss is the gallery. I seem to remember someone saying that would be tricky or impossible to re-implement, but I can't recall what I was told at the moment.

I was actually looking recently at adding personal Galleries - Much like "In the press (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/album.php?u=1)" which is the personal Gallery of the CVR4 Account.

Sorry - it sounds like a big job already!

No probs, that's what I'm here for.

BraindG
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Ah. And here I thought that I could bounce an idea off you guys.
When using my iPad for chat net etc I want to be able to interface with my iPhone reply SMS on the iPhone using my iPad. Because its annoying always have to stop and check the iPhone. Eventually making. Calls would be nice.

Wrong place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe itim (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itim-text-free-send-receive/id329444425?mt=8) will accomodate your needs?

BraindG
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
How about implementing the fixes to jChat I sent ya? ;)

Also, let me develop a version for mobiles :)

It's working so let's leave it as is for now mate, thanks for the offer though. :iloveyou:

Kryton
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Its happened again & got a couple of pictures to help...

BraindG
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Ah, ok - thanks i'll take a look into that.

stu
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Do you mean this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?5507-Galant-Workshop-Manual-PDF-s-x-26) thread? - I thought i made it as easy as possible, breaking down chapters per reply etc.

I can't open the front and rear suspension PDF's in the above link, it just comes up file empty.

Ryan
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I've noticed that when viewing images which have been uploaded to CVR-4, they seem to be really really slow in loading. They don't have to be particularly high-res either, 800x600 for example.

This is using Chrome and viewed over a variety of connections - corporate, home, mobile.

Nick Mann
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
All forums within the Resource library now set to "beginning":thumbsup:

Do you mean this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?5507-Galant-Workshop-Manual-PDF-s-x-26) thread? - I thought i made it as easy as possible, breaking down chapters per reply etc.Nope, but those are the PDFs I am talking about. At one point the resource library was split into forums the same as those PDFs and there was a sticky or a link in each forum containing the PDF. So all the references we had on the engine were in one forum. It wasn't completely right, but it was easier to find stuff than it is now.

I was actually looking recently at adding personal Galleries - Much like "In the press (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/album.php?u=1)" which is the personal Gallery of the CVR4 Account. Isn't that an extension of the garage? The thing I miss is the CVR4 Gallery - you used to be able to click that, then select NZ or UK, then select the year, then the show (or sometimes mini-meet) and you could access the photos uploaded to the gallery. There were some good photos and good memories in there.

No probs, that's what I'm here for.:D Careful - I'll find you more work if you keep saying things like that!! :P

BraindG
09-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Its happened again & got a couple of pictures to help...

Should be fixed now, it has had a knock on effect to the other dropdown menus but, i'll worry about that when we upgrade VB.

BraindG
09-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I've noticed that when viewing images which have been uploaded to CVR-4, they seem to be really really slow in loading. They don't have to be particularly high-res either, 800x600 for example.

This is using Chrome and viewed over a variety of connections - corporate, home, mobile.
How's things now, i did some DB management.

John TheAntique
09-02-2012, 03:04 PM
My big calendar page ( with all the birthdays on ) stops at 2011.

BraindG
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
My big calendar page ( with all the birthdays on ) stops at 2011.

Oh, good one! Fixed.

MarkSanne
09-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I'd love to be able to bookmark the 'post 24H' link. I can ofcourse, but it's time/session based so expires soon. I'm always using the forums this way and although it's just 1 click away, a direct link would be even better, esp on my iphone :)

BraindG
09-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd love to be able to bookmark the 'post 24H' link. I can ofcourse, but it's time/session based so expires soon. I'm always using the forums this way and although it's just 1 click away, a direct link would be even better, esp on my iphone :)

Unfortunatly that one is not possible, the link works of session Id's which are specific to each user - You'll just have to continue clicking it :(

BraindG
09-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Actually, hang on...

Try this: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

BraindG
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I can't open the front and rear suspension PDF's in the above link, it just comes up file empty.
Fixed, totally random, uploading them as PDF would corrupt them so I've ended up zipping them and attaching..

BraindG
10-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I was actually looking recently at adding personal Galleries - Much like "In the press (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/album.php?u=1)" which is the personal Gallery of the CVR4 Account. Isn't that an extension of the garage? The thing I miss is the CVR4 Gallery - you used to be able to click that, then select NZ or UK, then select the year, then the show (or sometimes mini-meet) and you could access the photos uploaded to the gallery. There were some good photos and good memories in there.

Yeah, WIP in progress I am afraid - I was going to use the "groups" feature of VB4 and place all event images witin that, unfortunatly this wouldn't work as I expected, I've just not got round to adding all the images to the Gallery :( /duh

Do you mean this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?5507-Galant-Workshop-Manual-PDF-s-x-26) thread? - I thought i made it as easy as possible, breaking down chapters per reply etc.Nope, but those are the PDFs I am talking about. At one point the resource library was split into forums the same as those PDFs and there was a sticky or a link in each forum containing the PDF. So all the references we had on the engine were in one forum. It wasn't completely right, but it was easier to find stuff than it is now.

This again WIP - one of the "big-rules" now is to use as little modifications as possible, trying to use more of the standard VB4 features - This meant we lost the "nice" feel of the resource library as it used to be - I do have alternative plans but yet to find time to implement them, which is why it's as basic as it is - I am planning to use prefix feature to allow members to filter information on what their require, rather than a large mass of forums, if that makes sense. :undecided :dizzy2:

foxdie
16-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Baz,

Although it's handy having such a large notification that membership is about to expire, it'd be nice to be able to dismiss it (presently there is none).

Having it displayed on every page I visit asking me to become a sponsor is a bit too much :)

BraindG
16-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I had to remove the dismiss button, once you dismiss a notice you never see it again, it marks it as dismissed in user table - therefore the next time your membership was about to expire you would not see the notice - Caused a few headaches in the past.

I'll look into maybe only presenting this notice on few forums.

Wodjno
16-02-2012, 01:31 PM
On Android mobile via Tapatalk...

I can't start a New Post in either the Parts for sale section or the Moderators Forum. The option does not appear. But it does in all the other Forums i have checked..

BraindG
16-02-2012, 01:47 PM
but you can from PC?

Wodjno
18-02-2012, 12:32 AM
but you can from PC?

Errrrr! Dunno ??? :confused:

Sent from Yoda.

Ryan
18-02-2012, 09:25 AM
And my query goes unanswered... actually...unacknowledged... Much like the PM that I sent aaaaaagees ago asking some advice about PHP.

Subaru ETA
18-02-2012, 09:56 AM
And my query goes unanswered... actually...unacknowledged... Much like the PM that I sent aaaaaagees ago asking some advice about PHP.

Ryan, post 19..... :p

Ryan
18-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Ryan, post 19..... :p

My apologies.. too tense Ryan, too tense... In all honesty Barry I have noticed a discernible improvement - thank you,

foxdie
28-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Weird bug with the chat room right now, there's no login verification, its letting anyone connect with any username. This applies to both flashchat and webchat.

Incidentally, I just upgraded to sponsor, but I've tried this in other browsers that have no session cookie, I've also asked Sam (Jewkes) to verify it and he can log in too as whoever he likes.

It's also not showing anyone logged into chat at the top of the forum pages in the header (that's probably for the best).

adaxo
28-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I got an issue, when on mobile searching forum and phone go on sleep mode, then after I go back on line, need to log on all the time, not sure if its something wrong with my mobile (didn't change anything and is was fine b4) or its something wrong here

BraindG
28-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Cheers, not sure if this is relating to the previous issues or not - I'll hang on investigating for now untill the new site is rolled out, which should be in a couple weeks.

Cheers.

Ryan
13-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I keep getting prompted to enter my user name and password each and every time I visit the site despite having ticked "remember me". The user name and password fields auto-populate when I start typing in them but it is annoying. I am using Google Chrome and have checked that the browser's saved password is the correct one.

BraindG
13-03-2012, 08:43 AM
I am aware of this, it's a bit random, works For some and not for others. Anyways, the problem is resolved on the new site, so I'll not. Other trying to resolve it on this one. Will be rolling out new site in a couple weeks.

Ryan
13-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Cool thanks B :)

Kryton
26-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi Barry,
Firstly, good work for rolling out the new version, looking good. Don't know if its complete yet or not but it seems that I no longer get any emails through for any threads I have commented in. Do I need to physically subscribe now or is this just a temporary thing?

BraindG
26-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Hmm they should still function as normal, can you still see them listedin your usercp? And are they still marked for instant email notification?

Kryton
26-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Dont worry, just been spammed. Looks like a microsoft problem /haz

BraindG
26-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Ah, super. Thanks for responding, saves a job ;)

chris_dono
28-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Is there any way to have mpg in the garage fuel thingy ? It shows gallons, litres etc, but will only show l/km or require you to input gallons in the entry if using miles. In the UK, we use litres and miles, so I have to convert to use it :)

BraindG
28-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Yep, I am working on this - its not something "out-of-the-box", so a request to the coder has been submitted - however, on the bright side i did add a covertor tool to the calcutators page :)

2. Fuel Consumption Conversion (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?55353-HOW-TO-CVR4-Calculators)

foxdie
30-03-2012, 02:41 PM
When adding a manufacturer under "Add Modification" in Garage (garage_popup.php)...

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /path/to/an/include.php on line 123"

Will send the actual error body privately on Skype text chat.

Web developer in me says you need to set max_execution_time (http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time) in php.ini to something longer, 60 seconds seems a nice figure. That said, why does something that just enters something into the database take so long to process anyway? It should just be a single INSERT query.

BraindG
30-03-2012, 02:50 PM
When adding a manufacturer under "Add Modification" in Garage (garage_popup.php)...

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /path/to/an/include.php on line 123"

Will send the actual error body privately on Skype text chat.

Web developer in me says you need to set max_execution_time (http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time) in php.ini to something longer, 60 seconds seems a nice figure. That said, why does something that just enters something into the database take so long to process anyway? It should just be a single INSERT query.

Does it happen everytime or just this once?

foxdie
30-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Does it happen everytime or just this once?

Yes, it happens every time I submit a new entry.

If however I try and resubmit an old one that timed out I get a message "is already in the database" (doesn't reference WHAT is already in the database though).

BraindG
30-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok, i can replicate - i did notice that the entries are being insterted - going back to add modification, selecting the letter for your manufacturer will see it listed.

Ill investigate.

Thanks Jason.

foxdie
30-03-2012, 03:15 PM
going back to add modification, selecting the letter for your manufacturer will see it listed.

Not for me it doesn't, it doesn't update the list, do submitted manufacturers / products require admin / mod approval?

BraindG
30-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Not for me it doesn't, it doesn't update the list, do submitted manufacturers / products require admin / mod approval?

I dont think so, what was it you entered, let me check DB.

foxdie
30-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I dont think so, what was it you entered, let me check DB.

Name was "Techniclutch" and "Unbranded / White label".

foxdie
30-03-2012, 03:39 PM
PEBKAC.

I didn't flag it as both a manufacturer and product brand ;)

I have noticed the rightmost product list isn't being populated though, can you double check?

BraindG
30-03-2012, 03:42 PM
PEBKAC.

I didn't flag it as both a manufacturer and product brand ;)

I have noticed the rightmost product list isn't being populated though, can you double check?
Works for me? try HKS or Cusco.

Spirit
30-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Barry

Sorry if wrong place to post, but how do you now delete images from the Garage ? I can only see an option to "Set As Primary" ?

foxdie
30-03-2012, 09:37 PM
BraindG Oh Barry~ *sings poorly*

BraindG
30-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Set sponsors to 200 now, will reconfigure members group now

horndog
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Not really an issue but "today" has vanished,

used to say somthing like "last post today at 1:23am" now its "last post dd:mm ..... "

BraindG
01-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Not really an issue but "today" has vanished,

used to say somthing like "last post today at 1:23am" now its "last post dd:mm ..... "

Yeah, i changed that yesterday to see what like - forgot to change it back.

Spirit
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Barry

Sorry if wrong place to post, but how do you now delete images from the Garage ? I can only see an option to "Set As Primary" ?

Any help anyone please ?

Wobble
01-04-2012, 05:59 PM
whats up with the whats new button , it has stopped working for me .

Wodjno
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
The Info under our Avatars is out of Allignment barry.. Well it is for me here at work on IE.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5c28fe7d-736b-6087.jpg

BraindG
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, you are on IE7, i believe?

It's on todo list, but browser is 6 years old, /shakes-fist-at-ie.

I will get round to it, my work browser is also IE7 but, meh.. stupid IE.

Wodjno
02-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Join date = Glenn
Last online = September 2003
Posts = 64 /Hmmm

BraindG
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Pete, I'll need to do some rework to make delete images possible.

Give me a few days please, for now please link me what you want deleting and I'll do it.

Thanks
Barry

elnevio
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Barry, the alignment issue happens for me too in IE9.

Spirit
03-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Pete, I'll need to do some rework to make delete images possible.

Give me a few days please, for now please link me what you want deleting and I'll do it.

Thanks
Barry

Thanks Barry. There's no urgency to delete anything right now, I was just updating my garage and wanted to change some pics around. At least I wasn't going mad thinking I couldn't find a delete option

Badger_01
04-04-2012, 07:33 AM
The site has gone all funny on Firefox, had to resort to using IE D:

BraindG
04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
When you say funny? What's happening and where? Screenshot might help too :)

Badger_01
04-04-2012, 07:58 AM

That kinda funny haha

BraindG
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
What happens when you press CTRL + F5?

Badger_01
04-04-2012, 09:13 AM
lol all fixed now :)

BraindG
04-04-2012, 09:14 AM
lol all fixed now :)

Cool, saves me a job :)

Badger_01
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
All good, but doesn't the title of this thread state to give you work? :P

foxdie
13-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Minor issue here, when you've given a user too much reputation, the text is black on a navy blue background, nigh on impossible to read, screenshot attached...

BraindG
13-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks, any better now?

if not, can you firebug me the code for that popup? - i cant seem to max out rep on a text account to test.

foxdie
13-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Yep that's fixed, text is white on navy blue now :thumsbup:

Kryton
28-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Kosovo terrorist hackers on home page?

Kryton
28-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Also an image issue as below with broken links / duplicates (tested in Chrome, haven't tried any others)

Goreden
28-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi ya barry im getting a problem with the arcade again, when i get a high score ''can not be submitted because a security token was missing'' not sure what it means

Wodjno
28-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Same here /yes

Also i can't edit anything.. When i go to edit a post. The edit screen comes up as normal. But there is no text to edit ??

Humpty's Revenge
28-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I cant reply by using "REPLY WITH QUOTE"? to any posts

Wodjno
28-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Neither can i :(

Humpty's Revenge
28-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Also some attached photos in some threads are missing?

Kryton
28-04-2012, 08:56 PM
It's cos everyone's blocked you Steve :)

Humpty's Revenge
28-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm not that fat....../pan

Kryton
28-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't want to thread hi-jack so will just agree /haz (i bet you're glad I renewed)

Wodjno
28-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Also Krytons PM/Inbox is Full /pan

Kryton
28-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Yup, just got an email saying that. Basically the problem there is mostly a combination of idiot vs alcohol vs iPhone. Not a good combo but will sort when sober

BraindG
28-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Firstly, can you clear cache/cookies and see what happens with quotes and edits?

I dont have this problem you see.

Wodjno
28-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Still the same Ba Wee /yes

Humpty's Revenge
28-04-2012, 10:14 PM
:iagree:

BraindG
28-04-2012, 10:33 PM
hmmm - ok, the quote isnt working - sigh.. ok... might have to take the files from lastnights backup and overwrite all the current files.

Leave it with me..

Wodjno
28-04-2012, 10:57 PM
hmmm - ok, the quote isnt working - sigh.. ok... might have to take the files from lastnights backup and overwrite all the current files.

Leave it with me..

Nice one. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Nick Mann
29-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm getting issues with attached pictures too:

Tommies pictures show as previews, but opening them doesn't work:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63419-Easy-repair-to-cracked-engine-cover

Something wierd is obviously happening in this thread too:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63426-New-bonnet-fitted

adaxo
29-04-2012, 02:42 PM
And here pictures are missing aswell
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62746-Fed-up-with-filling-cost

BraindG
29-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm getting issues with attached pictures too:

Tommies pictures show as previews, but opening them doesn't work:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63419-Easy-repair-to-cracked-engine-cover

Something wierd is obviously happening in this thread too:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63426-New-bonnet-fitted

Those are both fixed now.

BraindG
29-04-2012, 03:34 PM
And here pictures are missing aswell
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62746-Fed-up-with-filling-cost

I see pictures there, are there supposed to be more?

adaxo
29-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I see pictures there, are there supposed to be more?

I don't see any, I go back today to finish writing about this project and put few final pictures but the old ones not show up.

Humpty's Revenge
29-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Also no pictures showing on my thread......http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62822-After-market-parts-%28Price-reduction-28th-April%29GALANT-REAR-SCUFF-PLATE&p=693124#post693124

Nick Mann
29-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Those are both fixed now.

Both still not working for me.

BraindG
29-04-2012, 04:06 PM
try CTRL+F5, if nothing, log out clear cache log in...

If still nothing i am a little confused - it wasnt working for me before i fixed it, now it is - basically, the attachments folder was renamed, so between site being hacked and me fixing it some folk uploaded images - they were placed in a new attachments folder, so when i renamed both the new images didnt show but the old ones did - I just copied the images to the main attachments folder and deleted the now empty one..

Now, if that hasnt confused you, i dont know what will..

aboo
29-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I have logged out & back in again & done the Ctrl+F5. Still cant see the pics in the 2 threads Nick has put forward but can see the pics in Steve's & Adams threads.

Nick Mann
29-04-2012, 04:50 PM

If still nothing i am a little confused - it wasnt working for me before i fixed it, now it is - basically, the attachments folder was renamed, so between site being hacked and me fixing it some folk uploaded images - they were placed in a new attachments folder, so when i renamed both the new images didnt show but the old ones did - I just copied the images to the main attachments folder and deleted the now empty one..

Ctrl & F5 doesn't work for me. However, seeing as it is obviously a problem that is not there for some people I have tried some combinations and it seems that chrome is the problem. IE works if I am signed is as me or as Nick Mann Services, whereas Chrome doesn't.

BraindG
29-04-2012, 04:52 PM
You might need to clear internet cache?

horndog
29-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I couldnt see first time but can now, no resets or f5
On mobile site

Nick Mann
29-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Yep, that's sorted it. Cheers Barry!

BraindG
29-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Grand, just need to figure out why the fuel signature images arn't working..

aboo
29-04-2012, 05:11 PM
You might need to clear internet cache?How do I do this?

BraindG
29-04-2012, 05:24 PM
How do I do this?

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

aboo
29-04-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-CacheNice one Barry:) that's sorted it for me as well /yes

adaxo
29-04-2012, 05:53 PM
All work for me as well, thanks Barry

Wodjno
29-04-2012, 06:07 PM

I haven't done anything? And everything now works as it should /Hmmm

Wodjno
29-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi ya barry im getting a problem with the arcade again, when i get a high score ''can not be submitted because a security token was missing'' not sure what it means

Still getting this 1 Barry /yes

BraindG
29-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Still getting this 1 Barry /yes

Should be fixed now.

dougal
12-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I can't see a link to edit any of my posts (dispite a block at the bottom telling me I can.
am i being blind or is it missing

dougal
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Wait, That new post has a link, is there a time limit on this?

Nick Mann
12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Yep, about a month, I think?

Oblivion
18-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Is it just me or is the 'top timeslips' on the garage home page in some kind of reverse order? And the most viewed section has disappeared?

Goreden
18-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Could someone remove a car (THE MR2) from my garage please?:D

Kryton
18-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Could someone remove a car (THE MR2) from my garage please?:D

Already chopped yours in against a gto? :D

Goreden
18-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Already chopped yours in against a gto? :D

Got rid of it a while ago to get the leggie, time to let go/lol

BraindG
18-05-2012, 09:59 PM
tis gone.

Goreden
18-05-2012, 10:01 PM
tis gone.

Cheers Barry, much appreciated

Kryton
08-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone else stopped receiving email for subscribed threads or is it just my pikey hotmail account again?

BraindG
08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Did anyone get the 10th party email today, out of interest?

Kryton
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Yep, I got it but no subscription emails :(

horndog
08-06-2012, 11:20 PM
yep - i got it

BraindG
08-06-2012, 11:22 PM
K will take a looky.

BraindG
10-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Did you get all your mails this morning?

horndog
10-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I didnt get any mail today - nothing in the :spam: box either

BraindG
10-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmm, thought I sorted it. Will take a look when I get back from Scotland today.

Kryton
10-06-2012, 01:31 PM

I got 35 emails through this morning. Still lacking a couple by the looks of it but it could just be a backlog working through the cr@ppy hotmail servers. I'm guessing its sorted (for me anyway). Thanks :)

Goreden
10-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Got mine Barry

Kryton
15-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Hmm, thought I sorted it. Will take a look when I get back from Scotland today.

Hi Barry, just to let you know that I've stopped receiving them again. Last email was approx 1.30 this afternoon.

Kryton
16-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi Barry, just to let you know that I've stopped receiving them again. Last email was approx 1.30 this afternoon.

I don't know if you have changed anything but I received 24 emails from the site at 9.30 this morning so all good again :)

Kryton
23-06-2012, 07:57 PM
It's happened again :( no emails today

Kryton
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
It's happened again :( no emails today

Getting this issue again. Don't know if its my mail client though so be good if someone else could confirm. i did get the email about Sunday @ 10th meet but none for subscribed threads :(

BraindG
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Getting this issue again. Don't know if its my mail client though so be good if someone else could confirm. i did get the email about Sunday @ 10th meet but none for subscribed threads :(

I didn't get the 10th event email :( - ok, let me look into it.

Kryton
25-01-2013, 09:45 PM
It's happened again. Seems that whenever I get an email from info@ it kills all the subscription emails. Might just be a coincidence but happened for last 3 direct emails now :(

BraindG
26-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure what's going on, I'e tried recreating, pushing the mail queue etc, we just about to move to a new server, will see how it is on that, take it from there.

Kryton
15-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Got a random problem that only seems to have started today (could be a browser / computer problem to be fair). When people mention me, it flags at the top with the red drop down bar (where PM & friend requests appear), but when I click it, it goes through to the mention tab of my profile but is completely blank. Will try again later when I have more time but could possibly be a bug, maybe, but probably not, possibly :)

BraindG
16-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Maybe mention was removed after creation? Is the page totally blank, in other words can you still see old mentions?

Kryton
16-10-2013, 08:49 AM
In fact, just looks like an Opera V16 problem as nothing is appearing on that page. Was ok in V15 & ok in Firefox, Chrome & Explorer so probably not worth worrying about :)

kiwigalant
16-10-2013, 10:32 AM
In fact, just looks like an Opera V16 problem as nothing is appearing on that page. Was ok in V15 & ok in Firefox, Chrome & Explorer so probably not worth worrying about :)

So you don't just see the "No results to display..." message Kryton? It may just be at the bottom of the page under the sidebar, that's what happens on any profile page for me in chrome, but firefox and IE are fine.

The only thing I can think of is that the width is not rounded down to 987px and instead stays at 987.022px (989 x .998) which together with the 1px border each side is larger than the parent which is the 989px. EDIT: Forgot to mention, setting the width to 987px statically puts it in the right place and seems to be fixed.

.selected_view_section {
border-left: 1px solid #555576;
border-right: 1px solid #555576;
border-bottom: 1px solid #555576;
background-color: #274B7F;
width: 99.8%;
}

But I haven't coded in a while so I'm a little hairy on the box model.

Kryton
16-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Yep, you're right. Just tried it on a bigger monitor & appears fine. Is there on my 23.5" but further down. Cheers

kiwigalant
17-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Lol glad you solved it, I was really confused at first too, and just getting used to the site. It's strange that it works fine for you in chrome, might just be different version to mine...

swinks
24-01-2014, 12:19 AM
I have rencently problem with attaching pictures. Seems that buttons "insert inline" and "done" doesn't work, so actualy I can't place attached pictures in correct order. Browser says "there is no response from website" ...

BraindG
24-01-2014, 08:56 AM
testing

BraindG
24-01-2014, 08:57 AM
I have rencently problem with attaching pictures. Seems that buttons "insert inline" and "done" doesn't work, so actualy I can't place attached pictures in correct order. Browser says "there is no response from website" ...

Have you changed browsers recently or are you able to try another browser?
p.s. could you provide a screenshot (if the above works) to show your problem?

I just tried and its working for me on Firefox.

giblet
27-02-2014, 03:03 PM
I seem to be unable to post anything or even type anything into both the quick reply and regular reply boxes when browsing the forum on a WP8 handset using the stock browser. Any ideas?

horndog
07-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Ive noticed that i cant see prices of cars for sale on the mobile version, if i switch to the full site the price is there, switch back its not.....

Nick Mann
07-03-2014, 11:21 PM
It's because it is white on white. I can see the price if I highlight the block of text.

Eric
14-03-2014, 01:33 AM
How about a new chat room? The one from a few years ago had people in it, the one now doesnt seem to really work well.