PDA

View Full Version : init ecu pin for reflashing

veegeeta
04-02-2012, 06:02 AM
gday im looking for the init pin at ecu on legnum have looked on your forum and cant seem to print it out can any one tell me the pin no? want to use evo scan and ecu flash

thanks for all your help on this topic have now finished all tunning and re flashing big thnks goes to steve hunt @transformace engineering in nsw australia as he tuned my car over the net and did a awsome job for a great price now have a rocket runnig 19psi boost thnks mate any one out there with the programable ecu in there vr4 give steve a shout cars perfect

Nick Mann
04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Which cable are you using for your reflash? I'm not aware of any cable other that the openport 2.0 that reflashes, and that comes with all the cables and connections you need, assuming you have the mitsubishi flash attachment.

foxdie
04-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Just spent the better half of an hour double checking what BCX recently posted (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62018-Attention-Auto-Owners...&p=684418&viewfull=1#post684418), cross-referencing that with wiring diagrams, I'm now 99.9% certain of the following;

The 12-pin diagnosis connector (white one in the above photo) is solely used for reprogramming the various ECUs, it is done via applying at least +12V (but no more than say +16V), each pin is referred to as the "boot pin".

You have to be careful though and apply power only at the correct time, not constantly. MMCFlash has an alternative flashing mode that tells you exactly when you need to apply power to it. This is common for those using an OpenPort 1.3 with MMCFlash.

* The EFI ECU (Engine ECU) is connected to pin 26 (in the photo, it's the top-left most pin).
* The INVECS-II (Tiptronic Auto ECU) is connected to pin 27 (top row, second from the left).

Hope this helps!

veegeeta
04-02-2012, 10:29 PM
hi using taxtrix 2.0 and re flash cable. problem i have legnum engine and ecu are in a fto wich dont have the reflash plug in the fto have to wire one at ecu so need to know exactly what pin it goes into at the ecu

veegeeta
04-02-2012, 10:36 PM
hi i dont have your white plug in my fto need to know to how to wire one into ecu got a single re flash cable with my taxtrix 2.0 need to wire this to ecu need correct pin no on ecu

foxdie
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Ahh in that case, Pin 26 on the 12-pin diagnostic connector goes to Pin 79 on the Engine ECU (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59222-Definitive-EFI-ECU-Pinout-(KS-Mod-friendly)) :)

Davezj
06-02-2012, 06:34 PM
jason are you smoking something, pin 26 on the 12 pin connector?

foxdie
06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Yep, those are Mitsubishi's pin assignments, and yes I agree they don't make sense to Joe Public, that's why I outlined the physical location of the pins too :)

You could say that Pin 1 is the Engine ECU reflash connector and Pin 2 is the INVECS-II ECU reflash connector, but that wouldn't technically be correct if you were to look it up on a wiring diagram.

Davezj
06-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Yep, those are Mitsubishi's pin assignments, and yes I agree they don't make sense to Joe Public, that's why I outlined the physical location of the pins too :)

You could say that Pin 1 is the Engine ECU reflash connector and Pin 2 is the INVECS-II ECU reflash connector, but that wouldn't technically be correct if you were to look it up on a wiring diagram.

thought it would be something like that.
and i know you are one of the most helpful people on here.
so thanks for your response.

veegeeta
27-02-2012, 12:27 PM
thanks heaps guys ecu flash works a treat

Louis
28-02-2012, 10:32 PM
5159851599516005160151602Just looking for some info, and to add into discussion.
I have a VAG OBD11 Cable, (photos above)
It comes with Pins as follows:

I put in pin 1, and linked it to pin 4. (SO PIN 1 IS ALSO IN THE CONNECTOR ABOVE)

I can log using evoscan with the settings on EFI and OBD11

I won't read fault codes.
I can operate engine fan actuators.
I can operate Fuel pump.
(basically it works with all the EFI actuators)

I can't operate the AYC actuators!.
The AYC actuators are what I would like to be able to control, as in bleeding the AYC system.
Is there anything I can do to the VAG cable that I have so that it will work with the AYC and Evoscan.
(I see above re pin 9?, and pin 15?), any pointers anyone??

I also have a 232 connector, and a laptop with a 232 connector, and could use this instead of the usb connector on the cable (photo above)

foxdie
28-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Louis, that's expected behaviour. Standard VAG-COM cables can't properly init pin 1 (many have tried), however by wiring Pin 1 to Pin 4, you are permanently grounding pin 1, tricking the engine ECU into communicating with you.

If you want to communicate with any other ECU, you'll need to buy an OpenPort 1.3U or 2.0 cable. Alternatively, if you're feeling brave, you can build your own 1.3U cable (http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/ECU_Development) :)

One day, unless someone beats me to it, I'll get around to researching a nice way to quickly mod VAG-COM cables to communicate with the other ECUs and possibly even reflash.

For the techies; Yes I've already tried moving Pin 7 / K Line on the VAG-COM cable to Pin 1, and no it didn't work ;)

Louis
28-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Ta for reply, Will openport 1.3U allow me to connect with the AYC ecu?, and does it require any modifications (re pin 9 etc)

foxdie
28-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Ta for reply, Will openport 1.3U allow me to connect with the AYC ecu?, and does it require any modifications (re pin 9 etc)

Yep, a 1.3U cable should work with AYC, ABS and TCU ECUs (haven't tried the latter yet). In theory, it's also capable of reflashing every VR-4 engine ECU with MMCFlash (http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii-cables/details/32/1/performance-vehicle-pc-diagnostic-interfaces/mmcflash-software-for-mitsubishi,-kia,-hyundai,-suzuki,-mazda-reflashing) and a switch connected between +12V and Pin 26 on the 12-pin diagnostic connector as shown in post 3 above (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62056-init-ecu-pin-for-reflashing&p=685161&viewfull=1#post685161).

The premise with 1.3U flashing is that there's an option in MMCFlash preferences to let the user manually supply power to the boot pin when it's required, the program gets ready to flash, tells you when to apply +12V, reflashes the ECU and then tells you when to remove power. As I say, that's the theory, I haven't tested this as I don't have a 1.3U cable, only a 2.0 :)

veegeeta
29-02-2012, 03:28 AM
just get the taxtrix 2.0 cable and solve all your probs reads and writes everything properly

wintertidenz
29-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Louis: Pulling pin 9 allows you to contact the AYC system. Your cable looks very different to mine - on mine there are no pins missing (well - except for pin 9, but I manually removed it).

Just make sure that pin 9 is physically disconnected from everything else.

Davezj
10-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Louis: Pulling pin 9 allows you to contact the AYC system. Your cable looks very different to mine - on mine there are no pins missing (well - except for pin 9, but I manually removed it).

Just make sure that pin 9 is physically disconnected from everything else.

i have just checked this on my old Vagcom cable and i have removed pin 9 to try and make it possible to access the AYC actuators to enable the rear diff/ayc pump to be bleed.
removing pin 9 did not, i repeat did not make the ayc actators work.

i am trying to find a cheap solution for people to do there own ayc bleeding with a $25 evoscan software and a £6 vagcom cable.
i was able to log the EFI ecu and activate the actuators for fans and injector, etc, but not the AYC ecu.

wintertidenz
13-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Well that's interesting - I'll have to test it again myself, but last time I did it the actuators worked.