PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity

Badger_01
07-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Hey I was just wondering everyone's opinions on this
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/mitsubishi/legnum/auction-446347726.htm

Just wondering what I should look out for when I go to check it out.

Cheers

thfelipeth
07-02-2012, 12:22 PM
make sure its been serviced regularly.. check oils and any unusual shudders/sounds.. gear changes should be smooth. listen to the clutch as you engage disengage.. engine smoke and what not. check when the cambelt was changed and make sure its convincing evidence lol.. ride.. well depends on your style. hopefully the ayc has been serviced as well. around corners listen for any grinding noises from the back. you dont want that unless you have alot of funds.. if you do buy it . you should give it a full service anyway. gearbox/ayc/engine flush + filters + spark plugs.. lol most importantely check out the owner. "signs" of it being thrashed all over the place i would say.. am i saying too much? mostly because of the k's its done. maybe its too obvious, but check the inside of the tires. they tend to wear thin on the inside, mostly fronts. hope it helps abit

SEAN-NZ
07-02-2012, 02:13 PM
im my small amount of experience, it seems to cheap, seems like you may end up spending alot on it soon, but a very thorough look and drive of the car should hopefully reveal any problems

Gly
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
also check for any money owing or security on the car

Badger_01
08-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Sweet will check for all that. Yeah I'm a bit unsure because how many k's it's done, but yeah shall see when I check it out. Cheers for the help :)

SEAN-NZ
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
hope it all goes well