PDA

View Full Version : Dull, boring life saping questions

marsh
06-12-2004, 05:55 PM
1. how do you remove the clock at the top of the dashboard in the centre console?. Go over a bump in my VR4 and the clock turns itself off :|

2. are the headlights on a VR4 adjustable height wise?/ Reason I ask is that either the standard bulbs are rubbish or due to the pointy downward profile of the snout of the car you can't actually see that much of the road ahead of you while driving at night.

See, told you they were dull questions. :-D

Nick Mann
06-12-2004, 07:06 PM
1. Four push in pull out clips. It releases vertically with the trim above it, but they are stiff - ease it carefully!

2. Yes, they are pants on low beam. I think some people have bought fancy bulbs which improved it?

-LegnumVR4-
06-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Just put ur hands either side of the piece of plastic on top of the clock. Bring ur thumbs under the front lip (should be near each end when u do this). Apply pressure and the clock with the plastic bit will release. takes a bit of pressure.

Lights are adjustable. A phillps screw driver adjusts them. There are holes along top of the radiator support, poke the screw driver thru them down onto the bolts with the funny looking washers. turn the screw driver and the washer will turn which adjusts the angle. Some do up and down, others do left or right.

Brind
06-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah, what they said. :)

The standard lights aren't 'fantastic' but not bad, I'm one of the ones that put better bulbs in, HID effect which really aren't bad at all! :-b not on par with HID's obviously but certainly as good if not better than the average modern car of today.

Wirdy, one of the members here has made his own HID kit that's a possibility if you want to go down that route, 'made for' kits are no doubt expensive.

Another member of a few months back, called Jaysback? he installed HID's too but his weren't kite marked so not technically legal if they were scrutinised.