PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slave cylinder: Evo vs VR4

Jesus-Ninja
10-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I think I'm right in saying that the slave cylinders are the same on Evo clutches as on the VR4, but could use some confirmation. The reason I ask is that I've been offered a very good Evo twin plate clutch for very good money, but it includes a replacement slave cylinder to convert from a pull type to a push type.

I'm hoping that, with one of Nick Mann's kits, I can drop it into my Legnum.

All things being equal, it should....

Gowf
10-02-2012, 11:40 PM
the slave cylinders are indeed the same. However, with your clutch kit I assume you'l just be getting a converter which isnt a cylinder, you do however have to turn your cylinder the other way round. If they are giving you a cylinder aswell I assume the mounting lugs are on the opposite side to standard?

lathiat
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
yeah evo 7-9 cylinder is the same among some other cars.

Jesus-Ninja
11-02-2012, 11:09 AM
OK, bit of clarification (and misunderstanding on my part):

"The parts fit on the clutch arm so as long as the externals of the gearboxes are similar I dont see why the kit wouldn't fit."

So, it seems I need to be concerned about the clutch arm too...

Nick Mann
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM
My guess is that it would fit fine. The main casing is the same, the internals are the same (except for some of the gear ratios) and the bell housing is very very similar. I'd be suprised if it didn't fit.

Jesus-Ninja
13-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Hmmm, decision time then! twin plate for £675, or CompetitionClutch + fly wheel for £600....? I think I know....

Gowf
13-02-2012, 06:22 PM
The arms are the same. What I was trying to say in a very convoluted way was as long as the mounting points for the cylinder are in the same place then you will be fine... However, unless the mounting lugs are on the other side of the cylinder, you just need to turn yours upside down.

Jesus-Ninja
14-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Twin plate ordered. :)

Jesus-Ninja
17-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Arrived yesterday - Gowf was right, it has a converter. After all my deliberation about single plate paddle or twin plate. It turns out I now have both. Twin plate with two 3-puck paddles.

Gowf
17-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Gowf was right

That is usually the case! Two pucks though eh? It could be fairly savage with that... I have also just noticed that carbonetics now do a single plate carbon that can cope with 1000bhp (depending on the pressure plate option)

Jesus-Ninja
17-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, we'll see how harsh it is...

Gulp...

It's rated to 700PS, so I should get my tuning boots on! :D