PDA

View Full Version : ECU = mines

pauly
12-02-2012, 12:33 AM
hey, in all my dramas of late, some good has come of it, i found out my ECU rom was done by "mines", i sent them an email with my barcode so they could give me the basics on what they did to my car..

Paul,

That VX-ROM was written as follows

Fuel mapping and ignition timing optimized.
Speed limiter cut
Rev limit +300 from stock
Boost control is also set in the ECU at 1.1 kg/cm2 (nearly 16 psi)

Also be advised that VX-ROMs are set to run on 100 Ron octane rated fuel.

Respectfully,
Jody Mayo

sweet..

Car runs great since i did new spark plugs/clean fuel reg/rail/injectors cleaned most contacts.....

Does anyone else have "mines" and whats been done to yours?

Davezj
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
See my response here
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?1386-Mines-Vx-rom

pauly
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
cheers mate,,sorry to revive such a (golden) oldie..

Davezj
12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Golden oldie can still be goodies.

horndog
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
cheers mate,,sorry to revive such a (golden) oldie..

At least is shows you know how to use the search

Dom B
16-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I suspect my ecu may be a mines unit, the car has always been quick even against other vr4's but i thought it was standard. How do I go about checking with mines? The stock boost is 1bar measured, and the rpm limit is 7500.

Davezj
16-03-2012, 02:13 PM
if you boost rises and is steady at 1 bar and you don not have any kind of external boost control on top of the stock factory one then you rom has been altered.
stock boost sould be around 0.5-0.6 on PFL and 0.7-0.8 on FL.

you can do a visual check to see if you have a mines remapped ecu by removing the ecu and checking for a mines stick or barcode on the outside of the case.
or if you have ecu flashing capability read rom file and post it up here and we will have a look at it for you.
if it has no stickers on it note the colour and material of the ecu case (metal grey or plastic black) and the part number, and post that up. it may just be a stock ecu with a modified rom. but not by an official tuner.

elnevio
16-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Also, if there are no external clues, open it up (four screws or similar) and take a picture of the chipset. There may even be an obvious sticker on the CPU or thereabouts.

pauly
17-03-2012, 03:24 AM
I suspect my ecu may be a mines unit, the car has always been quick even against other vr4's but i thought it was standard. How do I go about checking with mines? The stock boost is 1bar measured, and the rpm limit is 7500.

You can tell if its a mines by seeing if they have put there "mines" stickers on both sides (normally on the corner) of your ecu and of your course the Barcode sticker on top...

If you do, email them the barcode number and they will send you some details ..

Yeh ..i pretty much posted what davezj said....ill try reading the whole thread next time :/

SEAN-NZ
17-03-2012, 08:15 AM
were is the ecu located on the car?

Davezj
17-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Behind the centre console, under the radio area, bolted to the floor.
Drop the glove box door so it hangs vertically down. This gives you acess to some of the screws.
Remove the passenger side plastic cover on the centre console in the footwell.
the ecu is be hide there, engine ecu is on top. With the 4 black rectangular connector on it.
You might be able to see enough with it in place, but if you need to remove it to check.
Then you will have remove the drvers side plastic cover as well.
One bolt passenger side 2 bolts drivers side.
Grab ecu and pull ecu into passenger footwell by twisting it in an clock wise direction 3/4 of a turn as you pull. You will have to be careful and move any wires out of the way of the metal brackets it is bolted to as you twist it out.
It should end up with connetors of the ecu towards the centre console and the ecu itself completely available to move and view, with out having to unplugging it.

It is much easier to do this than trying to get you hands in there and unplugging it when it is still bolted in behind the console.

Well that how it comes out in my car.