PDA

View Full Version : Slipping when swithcing to 4th or 5th

lateshow
12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
During cold weather i've had this problem:

When cold (before turbine lockdown) when it changes to 4th or 5th the revs go up a bit (maybe 200-300 rounds) and then you can feel that the gearbox engages again a bit more roughly then it should. Actually it has been a little like this all the time but not much. No error codes! (Meaning it hasnt recorded slip insinde the tranny yet ?).

So what could be the problem?

Turbine?

Clutches?

What to do?

The box has been flushed last year and the oil looks very good!

lateshow
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
and id like to state that gearbox is tiptronic (didnt say that on the first message) :D Doesnt anyone know about commmon auto faults, this is a typical symptom in autos i think

Davezj
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
to be honest i think mine does this slightly only for the first shift when just changing to 5th at about 35mph with very little load and when it is really cold, but our cold weather in the UK is nothing compared to finland so i would have thought it would be more of a regular occurance for you.
i would like to add that it is not normally like this, only when it has been really cold, -8 deg C, those sort of temps.

and i have to admit that the engine does seem to take a lot longer to come up to temperature when it starts from about -8 deg C, it can be a couple of miles before it gets there. which is something i had not experienced before.

lateshow
13-02-2012, 10:00 PM
It has been cold before and havent noticed that phenomenon in this scale. I think its out of the ordinary. Please guys, is it the clutches or what? Where do I find the "renew-kit" to W5A1.????

wintertidenz
17-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The US sell kits to rebuild our transmissions. The parts for a F5A51 should also be OK, as they are almost identical to ours internally - except for the transfer case :P

lateshow
19-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Today got still same problem, maybe a little less of it. Starting to think that my TCU had a reset because of the dead battery last week. However the car seems a bit "heavy" as i monitor the fuel consumption and it seems to require now bigger loads to "keeg goin". Could it be turbine after all?