PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some testers to help....

BraindG
16-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I am in the process of planning the upgrade of the forum software to the latest version of Vbulletin, once the basics are out of the way I would appreciate some assistance in locating issues and resolving them, additionally I would seek help testing several new features that will be introduced, these include a mobile version of site and new CVR4 Members features.

If anyone could spare some time for detective work please either respond here or send me a PM and i'll forward the details for the test site.

Humpty's Revenge
16-02-2012, 03:51 PM
:thumbsup:

Davezj
16-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Count me in Barry.

Wodjno
16-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Yep.. Up for the mobile version as thats what i use the most /yes

Wobble
16-02-2012, 05:37 PM
go on then

SteveH
16-02-2012, 06:19 PM
yeah, i'll help.

sampsulo
16-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah I'll help. Sit at work doing nuffing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aboo
16-02-2012, 11:04 PM
If I have too. :)

kiteman
16-02-2012, 11:27 PM
I am in the process of planning the upgrade of the forum software to the latest version of Vbulletin, once the basics are out of the way I would appreciate some assistance in locating issues and resolving them, additionally I would seek help testing several new features that will be introduced, these include a mobile version of site and new CVR4 Members features.

If anyone could spare some time for detective work please either respond here or send me a PM and i'll forward the details for the test site.

Aw feck, I misread and thought you were looking for tasters, like for wine.
Sorry my mistake/Facepalm/Facepalm/Facepalm

ex-derv
16-02-2012, 11:35 PM
happy to help if you still need people

OnBoost!
17-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Happy to help,and can also assist with the mobile stuff,I've got a windows and an android smart phone.

BraindG
22-02-2012, 05:53 PM
To all the testers.

I have pretty much completed all the colour transformation on the test site, there may be a few icons or fonts that arn't correct - could you help find them? - don't forget to click on everything and open every page/popup. if you find anything please post in the "Searching for - Colour mismatches" Thread, located in the Site General / Ideas Forum.

I'll be working on the Content Management system now, allowing testing of application forms, buyers guide, calculators etc.

BraindG
24-02-2012, 10:05 AM
The Blogs feature has been activated for testing, please see relevant thread for details.

BraindG
24-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Default Mobile style up and runnning, please see relevant thread for comments / feedback.

BraindG
27-02-2012, 05:09 PM
New Top menu Active

New Garage Active.

Really appreciate feedback in the relevant threads.

Thanks.
B

BraindG
28-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Members footer links active.

Really appreciate feedback in the relevant threads.

THanks

BraindG
29-02-2012, 09:43 AM
New Garage Active.

The import of old garage has now been completed, please can you visit your garage and help identify whats needed to update your own garage? - I note that we now have the following fields.

Year
Make
Model
Trim
Engine Type
Vehicle Class

For these fields i really need your help (so i can get on with the other stuff) to get a conclusive list of fields required for each of the above, please post in the relevant thread on the test site.

BraindG
01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Upgrading test site to the final release of version 4.1 - This will be the final upgrade of te base software before release to the main CVR4 Site, won't be long till you get your goodies :P

FAO Testers: We need to iron out and fix all problems asap, I'm keen to push the new site out ASAP.

BraindG
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
upgraded to 4.1.11

BraindG
08-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Finalising the new menu system, coudl i have some feedback on the "members links" menu, this is the direction ill be taking.

BraindG
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
iphone app has been uploaded to appstore, awaiting review - Once approved it will provide access to the test site.

Once the App is capable of push notifications on new messages or subscribed threads and has the facility to upload images from phone I will roll out to the main site, including android OS. There is as yet no ETA on when these features will be added to the software.

BraindG
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
K, header, menu and search/profile bar are now finalised - may require small tweaks but need some testing done with regards to logging out, do cookies work - are menus aligned, anything missing, send yourself some PM's, whats different, do you like it?

Next up ill jazz up the footer links making them "message" aware, i.e. when you have messages the footer minimise link changes colour and also the messages link Background.

OnBoost!
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
So you will have an android app? I'd be keen to try that out.

Are you also looking into a windows mobile app? They are going to get much more popular now that Nokia has chosen it to run it's phones.

BraindG
10-03-2012, 10:30 PM
There will be a android app, so don't worry about that :) - I will however focus on the iphone one to start, lessons learnt from that will aid in creating the android one.

BraindG
14-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Testing "tagging", you can now tag someone by doing @username, this links to their profile and sends them a notification that they have been mentioned in a thread - also, notifications are sent to a user if their post/thread has been quoted - This is to promote activity and ensure no-one misses a thread :)

Feedback in the revant thread on test site please, if popular the pro version provides more features.

BraindG
15-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Bookmarks now active for testing.

This feature allows you to bookmark posts and theads, the list is available from your settings.

Feedback please, if positive ill marry up to design and implement on V3 Update in a couple weeks.

BraindG
16-03-2012, 05:45 PM
iphone app has been uploaded to appstore, awaiting review - Once approved it will provide access to the test site.

/bounce

The status for the following app has changed to In Review.

BraindG
16-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Meh /Facepalm

We found that your app crashed on iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks when we:

1. Launch application
2. Input Username and Password
3. Tap Login
4. Application crashes

We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

Raising ticket with VBulletin