PDA

View Full Version : Door Post Discolour

gadboy007
21-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm sure I've read a post on here before about discolouration on door posts, but cant find it, so if I'm covering old ground I apologise!
I've got discolouration on my door posts and want to fix this. The post I read mentioned something about buying body graphic vinyls to fix this.
I've just done a job for an industrial tape distributor and have got some FOC tape that I think may be up to the job.
It is a black tape that is used in marine applications.
I am going to try this on my car at the weekend, and give it a couple of weeks to see how it goes, if after this time it seems to work ok, I will be offering it on here to members at post only cost.
If anyone wants to check it out to see if it would be ok or knows of this tape, here it is
http://www.glasscellisofab.com/sheets/a_mj_vb/data_sheets/VENTURECLAD%201577CW.pdf
If you have any knowledge of this or have any comments, please let me know.

Cheers
Ian.

Not sure if this is posted in the right section, if not maybe a mod can move it!!

BraindG
22-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Twas Atik who did the vinyl thing, I half araed did mine with a can of halfords black spray paint, still not finished it 6 months after starting :p

gadboy007
22-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Cheers Barry, I knew I'd seen someone on here do it! If it works, I'll send you a roll to finish yours off :)

Wobble
22-02-2012, 09:14 AM
have done a couple of mine now will pm you later.

SEAN-NZ
22-02-2012, 09:50 AM
what section of door are you talking about? cant think of were you are referring to

elnevio
22-02-2012, 09:55 AM
External door frames, mainly the bits nearest to the B pillars. I.e. the ones that should be black, but tend to start going grey/white.

Atik
22-02-2012, 11:16 AM
4 months on, mine are fine on the driver side, but I still havent done the other side yet!

Just need to make sure you apply them in a dust free environment. I have a handful of small dust particles caught under the vinyl :(

Louis
22-02-2012, 02:30 PM
you can buy stick on covers in black or chrome or carbon on ebay, I haven't used them but they look ok!

Davezj
22-02-2012, 02:45 PM
what are they called,
b pillar covers or something like that?