PDA

View Full Version : One new feature....

BraindG
22-02-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm looking for inspiration for a new feature on club vr4, if you could add a new feature what would it be? *Link may be handy if you know of something that's on another site.

I'm no looking to fix already existing features (that's covered in the me things to fix tread) just new ideas only please.

Thanks
Barry

Kenneth
22-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Low bandwidth bare bones interface - Would allow me to view from work without getting pinged due to internet usage which tends to be done by total volume of data and then on top website hits. As there are a LOT of hits required per page load, this put Club VR-4 right at the top. Ouch.

Wodjno
22-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Is there anyway of making a linked Video to say You Tube or Pics on Photobucket/Flickr/imageshack, viewable thru the club site at my place of work. They block just about everything now :( But i have come across sites that have had links to You Tube and i've been able to view the content and then also browse on You Tube further and view other content!

BraindG
22-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Low bandwidth bare bones interface - Would allow me to view from work without getting pinged due to internet usage which tends to be done by total volume of data and then on top website hits. As there are a LOT of hits required per page load, this put Club VR-4 right at the top. Ouch.

Maybe the mobile style could be selectable to members? - this is a cutdown version of the site and would reduce hits considerably.

BraindG
22-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Is there anyway of making a linked Video to say You Tube or Pics on Photobucket/Flickr/imageshack, viewable thru the club site at my place of work. They block just about everything now :( But i have come across sites that have had links to You Tube and i've been able to view the content and then also browse on You Tube further and view other content!
Do you have a link to a site where this works?

p.s. what happens on the threads where the youtube vide has been embeded?

BraindG
24-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Do you have a link to a site where this works?

p.s. what happens on the threads where the youtube vide has been embeded?

Bump

Ryan
24-03-2012, 09:21 AM
The pager function was really cool, as was vb plaza. I enjoyed changing people's avatars on the sly.

The Vee
24-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Carefull on the links for the work thing (Wodj's post). I used to do that thru another forum. That forum is now blocked. Maybe not related but hate to lose CVR4 at work as well.

foxdie
29-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I'd like the ability to always be able to edit the first post in a thread I started, regardless of how long it's been since I last edited it.

I've created several threads with information to other club members now, information that in most cases is now obsolete and needs updating (EFI ECU pinout for example). Because it's been a couple of weeks since I last edited it, I have to resort to adding a reply, and more often than not people seeking that information are in a rush and don't have time to scour through every reply (which there can often be many) to check for potential updates.

Other forums such as XDA-Developers have implemented being able to always edit the original post and this has proven highly successful :)