PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror - Bass rattling: solved!

VR457
26-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Just wedge a piece of paper into the gap between the mirror stalk and the mounting assembly. You could insert rubber band, foam piece etc, anything about 10p thick size will do.

You might think this is a pointless thread. Well, lack of knowledge on this led me to smash the cold spec mirror trying to put a different mirror in, resulting in a £860 bill for a Japanese import mirror replacement.

The pleasure of just hearing bass without any rattles and just Mr Bump ringing his bell is so ahhhhhhhh.......

Nick Mann
26-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I think you meant a screen was £860, not a mirror! /pan

Glad you got it sorted. :D

VR457
27-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Doh! It would have been made from diamond at that price.

One of many problems solved, just nice that i get so much from this mod, for so little outlay (apart from initial mistake).

Atik
27-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Heh, I did this in my silver VR4 years ago. I actually did the same as you and managed to pull off the mirror from its cradle, but I didnt break the screen! /lol

Put in a replacement mirror but that also rattled to I wedged in some card from an old business card I had in the car and it was solved. About 2 years later, I randomly found a piece of card on the dash by the gear lever. Puzzled by it for a few seconds, I realised it had worked its way loose from its wedged position. I then went for some thicker card.

foxdie
27-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I might have to do this, all I've got is a poxy 1kw 8" sub in the boot, but thats enough to make viewing out the rear view pretty much impossible :)

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwuuuuuub~ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_3ImB-AtJI&hq=1)