PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

Jay2525
03-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok, took my old mushroom filter of today for a closer inspection as I knew it was in bad nick, but didnt realise the foam and started to come away, so have completly removed the foam and used an old pair of the missus stockings to stop anything getting in. Im looking into getting a decent filter come pay day, but been looking at some cheap ones on ebay to tide me over till then.

Found this as i need around a 95 - 100 mil neck

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-HIGH-POWER-SPORTS-PERFORMANCE-INDUCTION-BIG-CONE-3-AIR-FILTER-KIT-/380375517796?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item589025ca64

Is this ok to use for the time being, just a bit dubeous about the "universal bit".

Ghost_2008
03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
In an ideal world you would run a cone filter, they alter the air flow and the MAF sensor doesnt like it, the system tends to over fuel (I think) resulting in a loss of power...... the one you've linked to is probably going to be better than a pair of stockings, but I wouldnt want to run it for too long...... last thing you need is bits of anything flying into the intake system and engine...

If you can get the original airbox and fit a HKS or similar air filter you should notice a difference........

SEAN-NZ
04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
In an ideal world you would run a cone filter, they alter the air flow and the MAF sensor doesnt like it, the system tends to over fuel (I think) resulting in a loss of power...... the one you've linked to is probably going to be better than a pair of stockings, but I wouldnt want to run it for too long...... last thing you need is bits of anything flying into the intake system and engine...

If you can get the original airbox and fit a HKS or similar air filter you should notice a difference........

you mean in an ideal world you wouldnt use a cone filter?

CANDEE
04-03-2012, 11:28 AM
These are apparently supposed to be good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-57i-Induction-Kit-Mitsubishi-3000-GT-3-1991-1999-/270686222197?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0627f775

We have no documented dyno evidence for or against, but its the only mitsi K&N make a specific filter for...