PDA

View Full Version : Pre-facelift MMCS

chris_dono
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Does anyone have a guide as to what the functions are other than the climate control setup ? (figured that out easy enough)

kinkyafro
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Japanese Satnav if you've got the GPS unit with a working CD in the boot unfortunately there are no uk maps for the PFL one.
Tape deck controls if you've got the original head unit (I actually thought it was a quality tape deck once I dug out some old tapes).
TV controls if you've got the tv-tuner unit in the boot it won't pick up any uk channels but I believe it has an AV-in so you could pipe something through.
Think there may also be a multi cd changer option that it can control aswell.

Once I ditched the tape deck it was pretty but pointless and I changed it for non-MMCS aircon controls.

chris_dono
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
yeah the tape deck is already gone and replaced (had been done when i bought it) so I think I might change to the other controls and put something else in the double din

elnevio
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
The MMCS isn't a double DIN hole. Plus, you'd need climate control controls, as you would have no heating controls at all!

A non-MMCS surround will fit, and that fits the normal climate control panel and also has a true double DIN hole.

chris_dono
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
The MMCS isn't a double DIN hole. Plus, you'd need climate control controls, as you would have no heating controls at all!

A non-MMCS surround will fit, and that fits the normal climate control panel and also has a true double DIN hole.

That's what i meant :) Take the controls out of an FTO for example (small screen, physical buttons etc) and change the surround.

elnevio
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Probably the same unit, but as they're are not prone to failure, it should be easy enough to source one from a Galant/Legnum.